— Dawn
— Dawn

TAXILA: Gas leakage blast in a house claimed two girls’ lives while four others received burn injuries in Mohallah Chandnagar in Taxila Police station limits on Sunday.

According to hospital and Rescue 1122 sources, wife of Babar Hussain showed match stick to gas stove at around 4am to prepare milk for her 6-month-old daughter Aqsa Noor, which caused blast. As a result the main gate and walls of the house collapsed in the street while walls and windowpanes of the nearby houses were also damaged.

Rescue 1122 rushed to the spot and shifted the injured to Tehsil Headquarters (THQ) Hospital then to burn centre of Holy Family Hospital Rawalpindi where 11-year-old Saman Babar and 14-year-old Mehwish Babar succumbed to their injuries.

The house owner Izaj Taj told newsmen that evidences at the site of incident suggest that blast was occurred due to gas leakage.

Published in Dawn, November 12th, 2019