Finance minister winds up budget debate in Balochistan Assembly

Email

Mir Zahoor Ahmed Buledi concludes debate saying budget drafted in consultation with stakeholders. — APP/File
Mir Zahoor Ahmed Buledi concludes debate saying budget drafted in consultation with stakeholders. — APP/File

QUETTA: Provincial Finance Minister Mir Zahoor Ahmed Buledi has said the Balochistan government has not ignored any area of the province and had allocated huge funds for completion of various projects in the province under the budget for the next financial year.

Winding up a debate on the budget for 2019-20 in the Balochistan Assembly on Wednesday, he said that opposition members had criticised the government for presenting a budget having a deficit of Rs47 billion despite knowing that the document had been prepared after consultations with all the stakeholders.

He said the previous government presented a budget having a deficit of Rs62 billion but the present coalition government reduced the deficit of the current PSDP and provided maximum funds for development projects.

Mr Buledi said the present government would make all-out efforts to reduce the deficit in the next financial year by reducing non-development expenditures and enhancing provincial revenue.

Published in Dawn, June 27th, 2019