After the Sindh High Court approved the interim bail of Sharjeel Inam Memon on Thursday, the former provincial information minister rubbished rumours that the PPP and the ruling PML-N had entered into a deal to save each other from facing accountability.
Speaking to the media, the PPP leader criticised Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan and questioned why his name had been put on the Exit Control List (ECL) when he was out of the country.
"Is it an exit control list or an entry control list?" the former minister asked.
“I challenge them to come and talk to me ... through what formula was my name put on the ECL? Did they have no information that I was out of the country?" Memon added, referring to the interior ministry and the institutions under its control.
Memon said that he would ask the interior minister these questions on a TV show in a "respectable manner".
Adding that he had a message for Nisar, Memon said: "We will not cut a deal: we will not ask for concessions, and we will not accept any concession in charity."
"We will challenge Nawaz Sharif and his accomplices," Memon maintained.
He also challenged Nisar to put the names of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, his two sons and Finance Minister Ishaq Dar on the ECL if he "has any courage."
Sharjeel Memon was arrested by the National Accountability Bureau upon his arrival at the Islamabad airport earlier this month as he concluded his almost two years long self-imposed exile and returned to Pakistan.
He was released a few hours after he was arrested.
He faces several charges of financial misappropriation and corruption.