Seven Pakistani cricketers have been drafted into the latest season of the Caribbean Premier League (CPL) 2017, with all-rounder Sohail Tanvir becoming the most expensive Pakistani player picked in the first round of drafts.
Tanveer is in good company with cricket heavyweights like Chris Gayle, Dwayne Bravo, Kieron Pollard, David Miller and Lendl Simmons. He was a top pick for the Guyana Amazon Warriors in 2016 too.
Pakistan players drafted into the CPL:
- Sohail Tanveer: $160,000, Guyana Amazon Warriors
- Shoaib Malik: $110,000, Barbados Tridents
- Imad Wasim: $90,000, Jamaica Tallawahs
- Mohammad Sami: $70,000, Jamaica Tallawahs
- Shadab Khan: $30,000 Trinbago Knight Riders
- Wahab Riaz: $30,000, Barbados Tridents
- Kamran Akmal: $15,000, St. Lucia Stars
The CPL tweeted a complete list of players drafted for each of the league's teams ─ the Barbados Tridents, Guyana Amazon Warriors, Jamaica Tallawahs, St Kitts and Nevis Patriots, St Lucia Stars and Trinbago Knight Riders.
For more live updates, follow Dawn.com's official news Instagram account @dawn.today