Alert Sign Dear reader, online ads enable us to deliver the journalism you value. Please support us by taking a moment to turn off Adblock on Dawn.com.

Alert Sign Dear reader, please upgrade to the latest version of IE to have a better reading experience

Your Name:

Recipient Email:

BADIN: A minor girl who was abducted from Badin city a week ago was gang raped and killed near Tando Ghulam Ali town of Badin district, police said Monday.

Tando Ghulam Ali police on a tip-off raided a bus coming from Chambar, arrested two suspects and recovered the body of the eight-year-old girl early Monday.

Station House Officer (SHO) Tando Ghulam Ali Dhani Buksh Marri told media representatives that during preliminary questioning both suspects confessed that they had kidnapped the minor girl and had raped her for seven days. They also confessed strangling her to death later.

Another police official told Dawn that the victim might have died due to profuse bleeding that resulted from repeated rape.

The girl's body was shifted to Rural Health Centre Tando Ghulam Ali.

Examine: ‘10 cases of child sexual abuse occured every day in 2015’

One of the suspects who was apprehended while dressed as a woman confessed that he and his accomplice had abducted five minor girls and killed them after subjecting them to rape, the official said.

The suspects used to bury their victims in a graveyard near Matli, the official said.

SHO Marri said both accused would be handed over to Chambar police for further investigation. He said their latest victim was abducted from Badin's Golrachi Bypass Road area.

The victim's father later told reporters that his daughter went missing a week before and has demanded "exemplary punishment" for her killers.

Zahida Detho, chief of the Sindh Rural Partners Organization (SRPO), has in a statement sent to Dawn demanded a thorough probe into the incident while expressing serious concerns over the increase in incidents of sexual assault in southern parts of Sindh.

DSP Matli Ali Raza Leghari said Badin and Tando Allahyar police would jointly investigate the incident.

A report launched by the Society for the Protection of the Rights of the Child earlier this week stated that 10 cases of child sexual abuse took place every day in the country in the year 2015. Meanwhile, nine people were executed for rape in Pakistan between January and May 2015.

ahmed Apr 25, 2016 02:00pm

I dont no what to comment after reading this article

Sarah Apr 25, 2016 02:04pm

Exemplary punishment for these hedonistic barbarics.

Ali Khan Apr 25, 2016 02:09pm

How could these human animal can do such heinous crime to little innocent angle.

K Apr 25, 2016 02:42pm

Oh poor soul may rest in peace. I don't know if there is any punishment in this world for these monsters ???

mba Apr 25, 2016 02:49pm

I am basically against death penalty, but what can you do to these beasts? My heartly condolance to the families of these poor child girls. As a father, I can partially feel the hell the parents are going throug. Saber, Saber, Saber.

Nayeem Apr 25, 2016 03:14pm

Can we follow IRAN in exemplary punishment.???

My 2 cents Apr 25, 2016 03:17pm

Sub-human creatures - being father of little girls I can't dare to even imagine the ordeal those innocent 5-8 years souls went through ....please fund and support the civil society to raise awareness about child protection.

Razi Apr 25, 2016 03:39pm

Burning them alive would be an appropriate punishment!!

Zak Apr 25, 2016 03:43pm

Our prayers fore hen little girls and their parents.

Ahsan Apr 25, 2016 03:50pm

I have a daughter and cannot express my feelings right now. I just cant stop thinking of the pain and trauma the little girl would have went through. very sad and tragic indeed ;'(

Basheer DEST Apr 25, 2016 04:17pm

What is wrong with these men..!!!!! How can one be so animalistic

Zubair Apr 25, 2016 04:35pm

Heart broken reading thus news, Bialawal Asifa, Bakhtawar at least do your job in this case. Pls. Make the culprits punished asap.

Rustom E Hind Apr 25, 2016 04:43pm

she was just a baby,

now if amnesty, and human right raise a voice against hanging criminal I hope the people of Pakistan protest in front of their officies and show them their place

hope these monster are tried by military or sharia law not civilian law and punished, pls make an example of them

we indian and Pakistanis lets fight and argue about everything and anything from politic to Kashmir and water ect ect

but when it comes to our babies and women lets fight togather for them ,

from a father of 10 year old girl from india

Amin Apr 25, 2016 04:45pm

We always hear about suspects being arrested but we never hear about anyone punished for these crimes,

A Kay Apr 25, 2016 04:53pm

this is un human ...I cant believe this kind of incidents are happening in Pakistan .with such high frequency ...what happened to the morals of the people ...nothing short of "execution" would suffice ....my heart goes out for all the parents who have lost their kids to such animals ..

SDA Apr 25, 2016 05:28pm

All my sympathies are with the victim and the family.

Mohammed Sattar Apr 25, 2016 05:49pm

This is today's Pakistan. Paak from all humanity.

Tmos Apr 25, 2016 05:57pm

It is unbearable to think that she had to go through the ordeal for days just to be killed at the end.It is such a desperate stage.I mean whats happening to humanity ?.Its not just a matter of punishing the culprit ,But we have to live with the thought of the extend what human can do another human being.I wish if the heaven is true and she will have a happy after life, the only hope that can relieve the pain off me.

Hamaad Apr 25, 2016 06:17pm

Severe punishment must be meted out to these criminals. Media must publicize when these punishments are carried out. So that it puts some fear in the hearts of those that contemplate to do such crimes.

SECONDOPINION02 Apr 25, 2016 09:07pm

I am shocked to read this. All the political parties especially religious parties are silent on such a grave incidence of child abuse.

syed wasim haider Apr 25, 2016 10:37pm

Arrest all the culprits and give them punishment as soon as possible.

Rabz Apr 26, 2016 02:03am

My heart is bleeding.....

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD Apr 26, 2016 11:21am

Bitter truths and Rotten fruits of Free media is resulting like that.

kamran Apr 27, 2016 01:32am

it made me speechless....