A newly signed agreement between the Dawn Media Group and Mobilink introduces zero data charges for visiting the Dawn.com website or accessing news via the group's iPhone and Android mobile apps after mobile credit runs out.
The technological partnership has launched by giving Mobilink pre-paid subscribers real-time access to Dawn.com news, features, slideshows and more for free through the network. No subscription or additional effort is required by users, as the zero-rating is automatically applied for those out of credit and using their mobile phones to access Dawn.com through browsers or Dawn apps on Mobilink, from April 4 onward.
The MoU for this latest technological step towards greater access to information was signed at a small ceremony where key members of both companies were present, including:
- Aamer Manzoor- Director Mobile Data - Mobilink
- Muhammad Mustafa- HOD Partnerships - Mobilink
- Khawar Naeem- AM Mobile Internet - Mobilink
- Muhammad Naeem Tahir (General Manager Finance)
- Aaqib Sayed (Digital Business Lead)
- Syed Farhan Hassany (Assistant General Manager Finance)
- Adeel Khan (Business Development Manager)
- Ali Haider (Technical Product Manager)
- Jahanzaib Khalid (Category Manager)
The news was also announced through Mobilink's official Twitter account: