Alert Sign Dear reader, online ads enable us to deliver the journalism you value. Please support us by taking a moment to turn off Adblock on Dawn.com.

Alert Sign Dear reader, please upgrade to the latest version of IE to have a better reading experience

.

SUKKUR, June 10: Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Yousuf has said that killers of Sibi range DIG Abdul Aziz Bullo and other policemen have been identified and hoped that they will be arrested in 48 hours.

He was talking to journalists at Sukkur airport after he arrived from Balochistan to attend the burial of DIG Abdul Aziz Bullo, who was shot dead with his driver, Nawab Khan, and guard, Mohammad Suleman, in an ambush in Naotal, Naseerabad district, Balochistan, on Monday night. Constable Mohammad Boota was critically injured in the incident.

Mr Yousuf ruled out any connection between the killings of 12 police recruits in Quetta and that of the DIG, saying that the first incident was a terrorist attack and the second an act of bandits.

He said that the Balochistan government was reviewing its security arrangements and the Sindh and Balochistan governments had evolved a joint strategy to control the activities of outlaws.

He said that the Sindh government had been told to increase security at the border of both the provinces.

Meanwhile, Mr Bullo was buried in Pano Aqil on Tuesday and a large number of people, including Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Yousuf and Balochistan IGP Shoaib Suddle, attended his funeral.

Pano Aqil city remained closed to mourn his death.

The Balochistan chief minister announced Rs1 million compensation for the bereaved family of the DIG and Rs500,000 each for the family of deceased policeman.

Mr Suddle told journalists said that a man, Abid Bugti, was also killed in the incident whose body was taken away.

APP adds: Prime Minister Mir Zafarullah Jamali has expressed sorrow and grief over the killing of DIG Police Abdul Aziz Bullo and four other policemen.