ISLAMABAD, Jan 14: The Pakistan army lodged on Monday a strong protest with the Indian military authorities over “continuous ceasefire violations” along the Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir and denied killing any Indian soldier.

The protest was delivered at a brigadier-level flag meeting at Chakan Da Bagh in Poonch sector.

“Pakistan strongly protested with Indian military authorities about continuous ceasefire violations, including an attempted raid by Indian troops on the LoC, over the last one week in which two Pakistani soldiers, Havaldar Ghulam Mohyuddin and Naik Mohammad Aslam, embraced Shahadat, while Sepoy Waseem was injured,” said a statement issued by the ISPR.

The Indian military officials at the meeting protested over the alleged cross-LoC ambush on its patrol in which two of its troops were killed.

The ISPR said Pakistan had strongly rejected the Indian allegations that Pakistani troops had resorted to unprovoked fire, attacked the post and killed its soldiers.

Pakistan had already delivered a demarche to the Indian high commissioner last week asking Delhi to conduct a thorough investigation into the incidents. The violations were rejected as “unacceptable and unprovoked”.

The military commanders’ meeting was meant to defuse heightened tensions along the LoC after last week’s incidents, but reportedly ended with both trading accusations of violating the 2003 ceasefire.

Another ceasefire violation by Indian troops took place in Rawalakot’s Battal sector as the commanders met to discuss the previous incidents.


Do you have information you wish to share with Dawn.com? You can email our News Desk to share news tips, reports and general feedback. You can also email the Blog Desk if you have an opinion or narrative to share, or reach out to the Special Projects Desk to send us your Photos, or Videos.

More From This Section

Comments (0) (Closed)