Ten family members die in electrical fire in India

Published Oct 14, 2012 05:03am

— File Photo by Reuters

LUCKNOW: Police say 10 members of a family were been burned to death after an electrical short circuit caused a fire that engulfed their home in northern India.    

Police spokesman Surendra Srivastava says the accident took place before dawn Saturday in Agra in Uttar Pradesh state. The dead included three children. Two other people were injured in the accident.

Srivastava says it took fire engines a long time to reach the building because it was located in a crowded area with narrow, winding lanes.


Do you have information you wish to share with Dawn.com? You can email our News Desk to share news tips, reports and general feedback. You can also email the Blog Desk if you have an opinion or narrative to share, or reach out to the Special Projects Desk to send us your Photos, or Videos.

Comments (0) (Closed)