Flowers bloom and nature smiles at the annual Karachi Flower Show, which will continue till Feb 27. Seasonal flowers, herbs and ornamental plants were beautifully displayed at the show. Nursery owners, organic farmers, gardeners, bonsai planters and fertilizer suppliers put their expertise and products for the promotion of gardening and farming.

Serious gardeners, nature lovers, horticulturists and ordinary people attended the flower exhibition to view the variety of cactuses, herbs, bamboos, flowers and gardening related items which were on sale and on display at the show. While Innovative green projects were also on display by school children.

People were also interested in growing vegetables at their home gardens or in planters and pots.

Text by Suhail Yusuf/Dawn.com, photos by Hussain Afzal/Dawn.com

bardas
Feb 25, 2012 03:25pm
this photographer is totally clueless, worst pictures of floral show I have ever seen, Dawn needs to increase their standards, their reporting is poor and now they can't seem to find single photographer to take any decent pictures, i can take better pictures with my camera phone. ridiculous. I can't even send this link to any of my friends....and why do all pakistan pictures has to have 'baba ji' in it....it's a floral show for crying out loud. sincerely, bardas
Naveed
Feb 25, 2012 04:20pm
I have to agree with Bardas here. although i dnt think its a cell phone camera but the portrait pictures of close ups on flowers are considered as one of the most aw-inspiring pictures in the world. this is far from professional work. Regards
ibrahim
Feb 25, 2012 09:58pm
Beautiful depiction of a very much needed, serene activity. To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower.
Aman Kudiya
Feb 26, 2012 03:23am
DAWN needs to hire some professional photographers and narraters to take good pictures and write description about every picture. Sometime the pictures are good but there is no description about what this picture is about. All we see is a general description of the event and the rest is left on the reader to find out. Why such poor and tasteless approach?
Ahmad
Feb 26, 2012 03:46am
It makes me sad to think how backward we have gone. I remember going to flower show with my parents in Karachi the beautiful. Our gardners can do wonders if there is encouragement and resources available. This tradition is as old as Pakistan. Very few traditions are still there.
faisal
Feb 26, 2012 03:31pm
Pictures are from a professional camera but i think the photographer has used it in auto mode :) hates off to photographer :)
nisar
Feb 26, 2012 08:08pm
Would some one tell me the location of the show, please
raika45
Feb 27, 2012 10:52am
I see no orchids.Don't you have them in Pakistan?Their variety,shape and color is a delight and a sight to behold.