Pakistani Ahmadis today live in constant fear and humiliation. So much so, the hatred has permeated into each and every slice of society and the oppressors have become more vocal and aggressive.– Illutration by Faraz Aamer Khan

A month after ten Ahmadi students were expelled from two schools in the village of Dharinwala, in Faisalabad district, all have been put back to school, not in there old ones, but in two schools in Hafizabad, thanks to Khalil Ahmad, father and grandfather of four students who were among those expelled.

“I managed to get all of them enrolled in two schools in the nearby city of Hafizabad,” he said talking to Dawn.com over phone from his village.

But it’s not been easy. Most parents of the expelled children are too poor, so Ahmed volunteered to pay for their admissions, their books and stationery. And that is not all. He, with the help of his two sons, makes sure they drop and pick all of them on a motorbike, doing turns.

In one school, the principal knows he has given admission to Ahmadi students but the educator believes faith should not come in the way of those seeking education. “In the other the principal has not been told,” Ahmed revealed.

Sadly, all during this episode, the government has remained a quiet bystander, as always.

It is not the first time that students have been expelled from an educational institution in Punjab because of their religious affiliations, remarked Bushra Gohar, a parliamentarian belonging to the secular Awami National Party.  According to Gohar, her party members had condemned the expulsion of students belonging to the Ahmadiyya community each time on the floor of the house. “However, a protest or condemnation from the parties leading in the Punjab has not been forthcoming,” she said.

For far too long, Pakistani students belonging to this minority community have been facing various forms of discrimination based on their faith.

“This tidal wave against the Ahmadiyya education shows no sign of ebbing,” Saleemuddin, the spokesperson of the Ahmaddiya Jammat, told Dawn.com.

He said after 1984, when the government promulgated the anti Ahmadiyya ordinance, both the government and the clerics have been trying their utmost to punish them in various ways.

“Ahmadi lecturers were posted away to distant locations and some were not allowed to teach. Ahmadi principals and headmasters were replaced. Ahmadi students were deprived admission in professional colleges. They were refused accommodation in attached hostels. They suffered attacks by extremist elements on campuses.”

According to the Asian Human Rights Commission, the Islami Jamiat Talaba, the student wing of the Islami Jamiat has been tasked to cleanse the educational institutions, including universities and professional colleges of Ahmadi students.

Hasan Ahmed, who was among the 23 students who were expelled from Punjab Medical College, in Faisalabad, back in 2008, can never forget the stressful event and how “night after night, for over a month” he kept stressing over the events that turned his settled student life all topsy-turvy.

“I knew it happened to others, so was not completely caught unawares,” Hasan acknowledged. He is at present completing his house job in Lahore, keeping an “ultra busy schedule”.

Eventually all were re-instated in some college or another. “After months of waiting, just before exam, my friend was sent to Bahawalpur while I went off to a distant place of Rahimyar Khan in a college of lower merit,” narrated Hasan.

After a gargantuan effort, he was finally allowed to appear in exams from Lahore and then got admitted to Allama Iqbal Medical College, in Lahore.

“To be in a state of flux was the worst part of this episode specially since exams were approaching and I didn’t know which place I was to appear from,” said Hasan.

He expressed that till the identity of an Ahmadi remains undisclosed “he remains safe”.

But that is sadly not the case if you are living in Pakistan. People are culturally nosy and want to know your cast and sect. “Eventually they end up finding that you are an Ahmadi. Once they know, you can feel a change of attitude and it just takes a mischief maker to exploit others’ feelings against you,” said Hasan.

Till Hina Akram’s faith remained unknown to her teacher in Faislabad’s National Textile University, she was considered a star student. But after it became known she belonged to the Ahmadiyya community, she faced so much faith-based harassment that she had to quit studies.

“I was told to convert to Islam,” said Hina, who was studying in the sixth semester of her BSc.

“I was handed some anti-Ahmadiyya literature to read, offered a refuge in Muslim home. But when she told the teacher she was an Ahmadi by choice he called her an infidel and warned her of severe consequences.

“You will face such a fire of animosity in the campus that not even the vice chancellor will be able to help you,” he threatened her.

True to his word, a hate campaign was initiated and a social boycott began. Out of college, she is desperately trying to go abroad. Her fate remains in balance.

But it’s not just the education aspect where the anti-Ahmadiyya lobby is hitting, said Saleemuddin. Since 1984, some 208 faith-based killings have taken place. The persecution against the community has surged following the May 28, 2010 massacre of 94 members of the community in Lahore.

After the four million Ahmadis were officially declared non-Muslims in 1984 by the state, they cannot call themselves Muslims or go to mosques. They cannot be overheard praising Prophet Mohammad. To add insult to injury, every Pakistani who claims to be a Muslim and owns a passport has declared that he or she considers them to be non-Muslims and their leader an imposter prophet.

“The extremist elements are getting more and more powerful because of Saudi-US influence and the government’s policy of appeasement,” said I.A. Rehman, General Secretary Human Rights Commission of Pakistan.

"The Ahmadis are already the worst persecuted minority in our country - and things for them appear to be growing worse as hatred and intolerance spread,” Kamila Hyat, a journalist and a rights activist echoed the same sentiments. “The lack of enforcement of laws to prevent the preaching of hatred adds to the problem,” she added.

Saleemuddin said by allowing the extremist clerics to hold anti-Ahmadiyya rallies and conferences, the government is adding fuel to this venom. “People are openly instigated to kill us in the name of Islam,” he said.

“Violence and the advance of bigotry, prejudice and hate against minorities have never really been met with the resolve needed to remove impunity from the social equation in Pakistan,” Sherry Rehman, a legislator belonging to the ruling Pakistan People’s Party, agreed. Instead, she told Dawn.com what is seen is an “expansion in the space for religious and sectarian apartheids, which has led now to heinous acts of brutality and exclusion of many, particularly Ahmadis.”

She warned: “This is a dangerous trend that conflates national identity with religion.”

Perhaps that is one reason why Pervez Hoodbhoy expresses: “Today, when religion has become so central in matters of the state, they [Ahmadis] do not stand a chance in Pakistan of getting rights, respect, and dignity. The overdose of religion given to young Pakistanis in their schools and homes means that nothing matters more than which religion and sect you belong to. Ahmadis are the lightning rod that attracts more hatred than any other sect.”

For its part rights groups like the Human Rights Watch (HRW) and the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRCP) say they have “repeatedly” raised the issue of “state tolerated persecution”.

“We are urging authorities to intervene in each case,” said Rehman. “But the situation is getting worse day by day.

Terming it “abhorrent and self defeating” when society allows “for the dehumanization of Ahmadis or Christians or the Shia for that matter, it is effectively cannibalizing itself,” said Ali Dayan Hasan, Pakistan director of HRW.

“The federal government expresses regret at incidents but has made clear its unwillingness to repeal or amend discriminatory laws,” said HRW spokesperson.

Given the current intolerance, the fate of the new generation of Pakistani Ahmadis looks “quite bleak” said Rehman.

Even Hoodbhoy said: “For years, Ahmadis, Hindus, and Christians have been desperately seeking to flee Pakistan. They would be foolish to want to stay,” said Hoodbhoy.

This fails to dampen young Hasan’s spirits. He thinks the future looks “brighter than ever before”.

“Even if the situation is made worse in Pakistan, this does not mean the future is not bright. It’s a matter of time before we start getting equal rights in this country.

Often when they get together, the young Ahmadis discuss the “bitter realities” they have to face as Pakistanis.

“But we don’t want to leave our country at the juncture that it is at,” said a patriotic Hasan. This is because the contribution of the Ahmadi community towards building of Pakistan has been immense,” he said with conviction.

He said recently their leader urged all Ahmadis of the world to “fast once a week and pray” especially for the prosperity of Pakistan.”

Zofeen T. Ebrahim is a freelance journalist.

Updated Oct 28, 2011 10:54am

andleeb
Oct 28, 2011 04:54pm
I do not agree with this article. If the minorities are being treated so badly, how is it that they have not fled to India?
Ahmad Khan
Oct 28, 2011 04:54pm
I remember the time when I was in school and my teacher used to pick on me just because of my faith. It wasnt a school in some small village but in a posh area in Karachi. At that moment in time I was 10 and had no idea about what ahmadiyyat was as my parents were too scared to explain it to us. I could never understand why only one teacher would pick on me and hit me whenever possible. I was so scared that I could not even tell my parents fearing they might think I am doing badly in my class. I wish I meet that woman again and ask her why she did that to me a innocent young kid.
sher khan
Oct 28, 2011 05:17pm
why should they go anywhere?pakistan is there country.
G.A.
Oct 28, 2011 05:20pm
@andleeb - PAKISTANIS of other faiths (I dislike the word 'minority') do not flee Pakistan because they love their country against all odds. We cannot bury our heads in the sand and pretend it's all great for them in the Islamic Republic.
Ahmad Khan
Oct 28, 2011 05:22pm
So if the minorities are being treated badly they should leave the country?
Molvi Mujtaba
Oct 28, 2011 05:35pm
Or they should better consider converting to the true faith?
JA
Oct 28, 2011 05:46pm
First of all, I do not believe that anyone in this world has an authority to declare someone a non Muslim if one has recited the shahdah. Once someone has said shahadah, then it is a matter between him and GOD to determine if he is a Muslim or not. I have said my prayers in the Imamah of Muslims from all sects of Islam including Ahamdis. There should not be discrimination against anybody based on anything. It is the lack of our knowledge and understanding of Islam that make us behave in such a manner. Let us pray to GOD to open our hearts and show us the right path that HE has shown to HIS people.
Maleeha
Oct 28, 2011 06:20pm
I am agreed to some extent(only to the part that people become careful having social relations with Ahmadi's) but not completely with this article. There is no discrimination at all. Infact Ahmadi's enjoy lot more benefits than Muslims because of their strong community. I have seen Ahmadis getting admissions, other benefits, good jobs without enormous efforts as "ordinary Pakistani Muslim" students have to do...to struggle for their career and survival. Infact there are always their community members to help them out that is actually the discrimination. when an Ahmadi is on a key post he will always recruit / give preference to Ahmadis bypassing merit and other requirements.
Anis Muqtedar
Oct 28, 2011 06:22pm
@Mujtaba - Everyone is free to practice /not practice whatever faith they want. In the end it does not matter what faith you belong to but how you treated your fellow people. Sadly the fundamentalists will never understand this and will keep giving Islam a bad name.
Hyderabadi
Oct 28, 2011 06:26pm
In a very discriminatory society, the discriminated will "respond" through creating survival mechanisms. Backing each other is one of those. If no non-Ahmadi is ever giving a job, seat, doing a favor to a Ahmadi, what choice do they have but to support each other. And you find that wrong ? Well ....take out the action (discrimination against Ahmadis), the reaction (ahmadi community support) will go away to a large extent. Of course there'll be a lag between these 2. But you have to start with eliminating wide spread discrimination first.
khan
Oct 28, 2011 06:30pm
I am surprise you called yourself Molvi. If you knew Islam that is the first thing it teach that freedom to practice your own religion. I hope Pakistan government will understand this.
Concerned
Oct 28, 2011 06:37pm
I am a manager at a Company(of-course I wont give the company name)- I had under me a staff of 30 - 35 people, none of them was an Ahmadi. My father was an Airforce officer, served in PAF for 30 years - he never gave preference to anyone on the basis of sect or other such things, even he never gave a recommendation for me(and I am proud of that). So I dont agree with what you have mentioned.
Ali
Oct 28, 2011 06:45pm
Well I am not a Pakistani neither I am Ahamedi, but I want to tell this forum here. It was Mohammad Abdus Salam a Ahamadi who received first Nobel price for Pakistan . It was him who contributed so much for Pakistan development science and technology. Other religious fanatics, what have they given to Pakistan?
Ghilzai
Oct 28, 2011 06:59pm
Thanks for writing about the sufferings of Pakistani AHMEDIES.
Waqas
Oct 28, 2011 07:06pm
@ Maleeha can you quote some incident where u have seen some ahmadi been given preference but I can surely quote some facts where a Non- Ahmadi has been given a preference over an Ahmadi though the Ahmadi was of very much high caliber. Try to read about Dr. Abdus Salam, Ch. Zafrullah Khan and Mriza Muzafar Ahmed some of the names that have been taken out from the history just because they were Ahmadi
US Citizen
Oct 28, 2011 07:31pm
@Zofeen Ebrahim, There was a time when DAWN NEWSPAPER AND OTHER FAMOUS NEWSPAPERS SUCH AS KARACHI-TRIBUNE AND PAKISTAN TIMES BESIDES MANY OTHER IN URDU use to write about PLIGHT OF VICTIMS of Qadiani Khalifa 2 Mirza Mahmud Ahmad and his followers in Rabwah, Pakistan. Now the same Qadianis are themselves victims of other Mullah-Mafia in Pakistan.
DAVID BRIGHT
Oct 28, 2011 07:50pm
Pakistan is an islamic country and 99.99% population is muslim. Why Islam has to be implemented in PAKISTAN. One can implement something which does not exist.It is very sad and regrettable that Islam still needs to be implemented in Islam.I think you should try to implement fairness, justice,education,clean water,honesty and cleanliness. These are the things which you lack and your Holy Book Quran stresses upon very much on these aspects of life. Good luck
Ahmad
Oct 28, 2011 07:52pm
I am an Ahmadi and I'm living in India, in a place where people never conflict in the name of religion. Few of my best friends are Muslims and they also know I'm an Ahmadi and we sometimes discuss about our faith also. But the fact is, there's still discrimination here. In my college, one of my classmates after finding out I'm an Ahmadi, is no longer much friendly with me. In my school, there was one student who always use to humiliate me and insult me after he found out that I was an Ahmadi, but after almost 5 years in school (and once we became mature)he understood that I was not an 'alien' or something. The interesting thing is that he's one of my best buddies that I mentioned above. I believe in what I believe. And I believe Ahmadiyath is true and I believe this hatred won't prevail forever. Love for all hatred for none.
Ehsan
Oct 28, 2011 07:53pm
All I can say Allah guide us all to the right direction.
shayaali
Oct 28, 2011 07:59pm
Dr Abdul salam was the one who provided the models of pak atomic reasearch centre to the CIA and thats why he was given the nobel prize.....................so he was rather a traitor than a hero
Ahmad
Oct 28, 2011 08:07pm
For Ahmadis truth is Ahmadiyath. If they the best way to avoid persecution was to change religion then the whole Islam would not be in this world because of the severe prosecution prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and his followers faced in the beginning. The solution is, instead of teaching young ones in Pakistan to move against Ahmadiyya, scholars (I suppose you're a Moulvi) should teach them following Quranic verses : There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion (Quran 2:256) Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly. (Quran 60:8) So my question is aren't these discrimination in Pakistan against Quran?
Waqas Aziz
Oct 28, 2011 08:09pm
Just another article to fuel the venom. I am not Ahamedi but i know a few people who belong to Ahamedi faith. I haven' seen them and heard of them any kind of discrimination they have gone through during their whole education. Even one of them is working at a very renowned IT company in Pakistan. They all live in local community and never have heard any violence against them. I don't know why people just pick a few and start spreading it with additional spices. Nation of Pakistan is suffering far more critical issues and people are just not understanding it and rather making it more worst. The question still remains is, What was the purpose of this article? Just creating hate between people belonging to different faiths.
ZAFAR MALIK
Oct 28, 2011 08:10pm
Andaleeb: perhaps you know that Nehru had offerd Dr. Abdusalam Indian Citizenship and a huge budget for scientific research in India, but Salam refused it. Ahmadis were great supporters of Pakistan movement, and they still love Pakistan. They understand that vast majority of Pakistanis are tolerent and open minded people who are being brain washed by a small minority of bigots who some times spread hate just to enrich them selves or for other personal motives. infact these bigots hate other muslim sects just the same, but they will cut each others throat once they are done with Ahmadis and other minorities. These bigots have no place in modren world.They are ones who should be expelled from Pakistan. (Please every one, find and read the famous "Justice Munir report")
khan
Oct 28, 2011 08:20pm
Even Abdus Salam the only Pakistani Nobel laureate wasn't spared of hatred - even after his death. The epitaph on his tomb initially read "First Muslim Nobel Laureate" but, because of Salam's adherence to the Ahmadiyya sect, the word "Muslim" was later erased on the orders of a local magistrate, leaving the nonsensical "First Nobel Laureate", which is both funny and shameful.
Muhammad Ahmad
Oct 28, 2011 08:46pm
Thank you for this article and giving voice to those in Pakistan who do not have a voice.
anti religion
Oct 28, 2011 09:00pm
Ask some Christine/jew/hindu/Buddhist about this true faith. You will be surprised by the answer.there is a whole new world out of this well where you guys are still living in 21st century . come out Live and let live.
KRR
Oct 28, 2011 09:08pm
Can some body explain, Who are ahmadis? Why they are not considered muslims?
BushraS
Oct 28, 2011 09:19pm
Zofeen i am so glad you added your voice to the few, but steadily increasing, voices campaigning for equal human and civil rights. What now remains to be seen is when the urdu press starts taking the same initiative.
Shahzeb
Oct 28, 2011 09:41pm
It is the responsibility of every muslim to call every nonmuslim to true faith. If ahmadis dnt beleive that prophet Muhammad (saw) was the last prophet, they are non-muslims. Because Allah has said the same in Quran very clearly. Regarding education, they have separate schools. Even ahmadis dnt allow admission to muslims. Wht u will say about it? May Allah show us all the true path
Akhlesh
Oct 28, 2011 09:48pm
There should be no discrimination, whether or not one has recited the shahadah. Every human is as precious as any Muslim.
Rizwan Afridi
Oct 28, 2011 09:49pm
So if a minority group hasn't fled, life must be okay for them? That's silly logic. And besides, you can't just move to India without India giving you a visa.
rest of pakistan
Oct 28, 2011 09:52pm
well bravo to the writer, the commentators, all of whom are ahmedis... for crying out loud's sake, stop cryin, i know dozens of ahmedis who work with us, study...... all of you have mentioned the freedom of right to practice religion.our religion is Islam and basic principal of islam is Allah is One and Muhammad is his last prophet (P.B.U.H)..our religion warns us of dajjals, false prophets who will declare their falsehood, and our religion tells us not to befriend them, lest they lead us astray.... so technically we are just being free in practising our religion.
Mona
Oct 28, 2011 10:02pm
I am not an Ahmedi but I am a working woman. Since I don't fit into the mullah's vision of Pakistan, I am as unsafe in this country as anyone else. But does that mean I should abandon my home out of fear of some fanatics? No! I won't leave. And Ahmedis shouldn't either. And we are neither giving up our lifestyle nor our beliefs! And by the way, time for the Ahmedis to abandon their low profile and come out on the streets demanding their rights as Pakistani citizens. They will get the support of all sane Pakistanis. And as for the crazy ones, well who cares?
Tauseef Khan
Oct 28, 2011 10:33pm
This is a very timely article on this issue. The discrimination of Ahmadis is rampant in every area, as it is in education sector. My mother was a school teacher and when the school administration found out she is an Ahmadi she was made to leave. While I was lucky to not face such hatred some of my Ahmadi friends were that 'lightening rod'. One of my friends was a medical student in Faisalabad who was removed from the college. Another was a medical student in Karachi and the Islami Jamiat Talaba used to beat him. Once they came with a knife to kill him while he was tending to patients in the ward. He had to run through the back door. This is what Ahmadis face in Pakistan. Despite this they are loyal citizens of the state. They keep praying for safety of Pakistan and keep a weekly fast for this purpose.
sara
Oct 28, 2011 11:09pm
Some of the Hindus do flee when possible to India. I do not think same is true of Muslims in India. You can deny but the truth cannot be erased regarding discrimination and threats to life that minorities suffer due to violent fundamentalists and passive moderates and progressives, who themselves fear for their life if they speak out.
rakesh roshan
Oct 28, 2011 11:25pm
hello mujtaba,true religion is practising what is pleasing to god,not talking what you think is pleasing to god.
busaif
Oct 28, 2011 11:34pm
Does it make a difference...
An
Oct 29, 2011 12:09am
You can realizet rue feelings of being
Naveed
Oct 29, 2011 01:27am
Yes my friend the learned people who have complete knowledge do have the authority to declare a sect or a single person as non-muslim. Our first caliph exercised this power and went to war against these sects. secondly, qadyanis were not declared non-muslims by any one man. It was a case filed in the supreme court and the court decided on evidence of qadyani beliefs that they are non-muslims. also the OIC has confirmed this declaration of qadyanis as non-muslims.
Laeeq
Oct 29, 2011 03:25am
Which faith is better ? yours or mine. Who will decide, whose faith is on the right path. I can not comprehend.
Sunil
Oct 29, 2011 03:51am
@Andleeb: well, in fact, many have. One of them MLA from Sindh recently. But it might not have been in news in Pakistan. Secondly, immigrating to India is not as simple as one might assume, especially, for Pakistanis. To apply for Indian citizenship one has to stay for a minimum of 7years in India.
Imran
Oct 29, 2011 03:57am
I went to majority Ahmadi school and I was treated like brother and a friend.regardless of faith they are very nice and kind people and one day will come that they will be treated like brothers hopefully.They dont deserve this.
Saeed Khan
Oct 29, 2011 04:02am
Everyone is telling us that Islam teaches us to practice your own religion.I also hope that people and the govt will understand that.But what is not clear to many people is the fact that If someone is not a muslim but call himself a muslim and have a muslim name is more dangerous to all of us than those who are not muslims and believe in different faith.I don't think if someone says he is a christian, and sowill not be welcome in a pakistani school or college.Otherwise, we will not have all these chusrches around the country in every city.And so we do accept that they should be treated like any other citizen.But...this is Big BUT,...if some one says my name Franklin and I don't believe that Muhammad(PBUH) was the last prophet.But I'm a muslim.Then he should be treated differently.I would consider him more dangerous than anyone else.So,If someone says he is Mirzai,Then be one and evryone will respect him.
Mohammad A Dar
Oct 29, 2011 06:22am
Pure absurdity from a person without any education in Islam.
sarah
Oct 29, 2011 08:14am
are you saying that in order to live with any dignity in pakistan one has to be a muslim ? so kindly then elaborate too the follower of which sect of islam that will make a true pakistani
sarah
Oct 29, 2011 08:17am
andaleeb can i ask why you mention india as a safe haven for minorities?could it be that most indians are secular and tolerant.
maco
Oct 29, 2011 08:47am
I agree there is no force in religion. All non-muslims and minorities can worship as they like. There should be no discrimination against them in any field of life, if they follow the law of land.Muslims can only convey message of Allah and try to bring them into true faith. Maulvi saheb in one way is correct but he has to endeveour hard to convince Ahmedis to come back to true faith.
brighton
Oct 29, 2011 09:18am
I have worked in government department (excise and taxation,Karachi)along with ahmedia' friends and observed that they are better behaved and honest in making commitments. Since excise and taxation department is full of corruption but these ahmedias were not taking bribes at that time. Their behavious with public was polite and amicable compare to other Muslims. I always feel ahmadias were better than other. In those days. My sympathy always with them and wish them good luck in these hostile environment of Pakistan.
Milind
Oct 29, 2011 09:23am
Dear friend, Which Muslim country considers Muslims and non Muslims are equal ??
Nasser Ali Khan
Oct 29, 2011 09:33am
Well said JA! The only Judge is Allah. All human beings have the right to believe in what they want to believe, even if they are atheists. Religion should be irrelevant when it comes to selection for admission in educational institutions or for a job, for selecting a party leader etc. This is true Islam; and no I am not an Ahmadi. As a Sunni, I don't have any right to say that they are not Muslims although my beliefs are different to theirs.
Kayamat
Oct 29, 2011 10:16am
Please become an Ahmadi for a day and you will realize what it feels like to be an Ahmadi in Pakistan.
Malay
Oct 29, 2011 10:53am
Yes Sarah,India is a secular & free country. India's most successful business houses are Parsis. Many luminaries including Army,Navy & Air Force chiefs were Parsi, christian & Shiks.
Ali
Oct 29, 2011 11:08am
Hi - Being a responsible Pakistani, its our duty not to discriminate, be loyal to the country and to be Humble to the citizens of the country regardless of their religious values. Unfortunately the society we are living in is mostly built on word of mount when it comes to the religion (other then Islam). Why this mentality has been taken effect that only Muslims are eligible to live in this country? Why are so intolerant when it comes to other religion? Who has given us this authority to decide who is infidel? As per my understanding the answer is "No One". As Andleeb has mentioned in her post that Ahmadies should rather move to India to save their integrity and identity, I would to add here that why they should move anywhere else? This is the country there are born and brought up in so why they leave and go elsewhere?? There are examples of Muslim students being beaten brutally and even beaten to death in few cases in India, so if they have this attitude with Muslims and the same sort of attitude we have for Ahmadies then what is the difference between us (being Muslims) and them?? Islam itself means religion of Peace and Harmony, so where that peace and Harmony has lost when it comes to the fair treatment to the follower of other religion?? We should be Humble and be very Polite while we talk to others as this is what our Prophet Muhamamd (PBUH) taught us in his entire life. Spread Peace, Harmony, Love & Care and not Hatred!!! God Bless Us All!!!
Arshad
Oct 29, 2011 11:17am
I am not a Ahmadiya in the first place. I am a Muslim, Alhamdulillah, and may Allah guide all of us to the right path. However as this newspaper has provided an opportunity I will speak my mind about Ahmeadiya. Mainstream Muslims hate Ahmeadiyas and consider them as non Muslim. I want to ask them and also ask the clerics of Muslim community what is the criteria of declaring someone as non-Muslims. According to the rule of Sharia a person or a community becomes non Muslim when they: 1. Openly and publicly declare something opposed to the basic beliefs of Islam. 2. When they declare some major sin as lawful. In which category do the Ahmediya falls. They are accused of not recognizing the finality of the prophet Mohammed (pbuh). But Ahmadiya have always expressly and categorically declared that they consider Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) as the final prophet. Unless they publicly and openly declare that they consider Mirza Qadyani as the prophet how can they be labeled as non-Muslim. They consider Mirza Ghulam Mohammed as the Imam Mehndi or final Messiha. Now the question arises is considering someone as Imam Mehndi so grave that it violates the basic tenets of Islam? Let’s think over it before we do all kind of atrocities on Ahmediya. And even if they are non-Muslims, no one has the right to oppress them because of their belief. Will the Muslim, especially people of Pakistan, oppress and kill all non-Muslims in this world like Christians, Hindus, Budhs etc.
MyThoughts
Oct 29, 2011 11:58am
@Molvi - And who gets to decide what the truth is???
Shakeel Ahmed
Oct 29, 2011 12:17pm
Is the solution for minorities to leave the country or make the country livable for minorities ? Strange solutions from strange people. The first step should be to abolish all laws which discriminate on the basis of faith. How can you have a "law" that discriminates on the basis of faith and then expect minorities to live happily against that law. What is the freedom of practicing a faith ? What damage can 2-% of people do to the rest 90%. Just stop a moment to think insteda of going on.
abhishek
Oct 29, 2011 12:21pm
Don't Know much of Islam, ahmediyas, Shias & sunnis. Except that ahmediyas are basically originated from qadiyan in Indian Punjab. But I can say 1 thing for sure most of Pakistan's problems are because of the Fact that religion has been made a part of state policy or politics unlike west or India
Taj
Oct 29, 2011 12:24pm
Thank you for writing this article. Inshallah awareness will spread, prosecutors will be dealt with and we can all be a step closer to peace & understanding, God willing... Wassalam
Boquival
Oct 29, 2011 12:34pm
While it is the job of all right minded people to support the cause of all down trodden minorities and it is a shame that in the 21st century, a country that was created as a secular state has so many ignorant bigots, I would request to correct a factual inaccuracy in reporting; it was Mr. Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto's 'enlightened' government that declared the Ahmaddis non-Muslin (in 1974) rather than Zia Ul Haque's in 1984!
Qalim
Oct 29, 2011 12:57pm
Perhaps you would like to enlighten us as to where JA is wrong in his interpretation. Do you remember who Abdullah bin Ubay was?
Qalim
Oct 29, 2011 01:02pm
So if you are persecuted tomorrow for your political belief or that you want to be a vegetarian for example, will you be leaving the country?!
Aimal
Oct 29, 2011 01:05pm
@Andaleeb: By mentioning India as a destination for all oppressed minorities from Pakistan, you are no doubt glorifying India. But it is not India's business to accept one and all from Pakistan who wants to migrate out of Pakistan. Moreover, it is not so easy for an oppressed minority to get all travel documents and to commplete all travel formalities.
Zia
Oct 29, 2011 01:36pm
deeply ignorant and biased!!!
Aamir Saeed
Oct 29, 2011 02:14pm
One correction: Ahmadis were officially declared non-Muslims in 1974 when Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto was in power.
D Rajesh
Oct 29, 2011 02:26pm
yes, most Indians are secular.
Muhammad Yaqub
Oct 29, 2011 02:33pm
The Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (SAW) created the first government of Islam in Madina and separated religion from the state !! The Jews, Christians and all others lived together and were even allowed to administer Justice according to their faiths. How sad, that the majority Pakistanis choose to forget what God Almighty and The beloved Holy Prophet (SAW) taught, and choose to follow misguided, ill informed Mullahs. God help this country !!
Asad
Oct 29, 2011 02:58pm
Well written. Sad to see andleeb and molvi mujtaba's immoral and unethical comments.
Jamal
Oct 29, 2011 03:09pm
Who will decide which faith is the true faith?
Notia
Oct 29, 2011 03:12pm
Not sure whether you are denying that minorities are not treated badly in Pakistan or is that minorities who are treated badly should leave? both points are made from a privileged...perhaps you are not aware of the fact that many minorities are treated badly in Pakistan and denial will not solve anything and even bigger problem in your statement is that if people think they are not treated well, they should leave...why should they leave a country that they love and associate with because the majority is narrow minded and does not understand the principle of social justice which forms the basis of Islam?
Maya
Oct 29, 2011 04:23pm
Zofeen, very brave article which makes all the right points. Our minorities, among them many belonging to Muslim sects, are under total opprsseion of the state. the law discriminates against them; the people do and so do the institutions. Unless every Pakistani gets equal rights, as men and women, there is little hope of rolling back the dark age we're living in. Thank you for your effort.
Ruhan
Oct 29, 2011 04:38pm
Dear Zofeen, First of all, thanks a lot! As finally some one is brave enough to write on this topic. It is such a true reflection of prejudices against Ahmedi Muslims in Pakistan. I must also name Maleeha, Andleeb and Molvi Sb for their biased, irrational, immature, prejudiced, narrow minded and CHILDISH approach to this topic. Either none of them ever lived or spent time with any Ahmedi or they are so NAIVE to what is happening in Pakistan. Irrespective of what people believe or give jobs to their faith fellows or not ( which is a Lie as Ahmedis are always honest and respect merit) Where in Quran or by practices of Holy Prophet saw its mentioned to go out and start killing Human Beings!!!! I conclude my remarks by saying that either read about other religions or do not put remarks that not only hurt Ahmedis but give EXTREME image of Pakistan to its Global Community. God Bless......wasalam!
pursuitofaconscience
Oct 29, 2011 05:01pm
To this day, i wonder how so many of our brilliant youngsters and intellectuals, with the knowledge of e=mc2 and laws of newton, are content by just having been told that these people are infidels. How many do actually have tried to seek the truth themselve instead of just soaking in the judgment. If you find out yourself that Ahmadies are infidels then be it so - but find out the truth yourself by getting their stance as well.
saleem
Oct 29, 2011 05:57pm
well said Maya, nice article. Hope "pious" people of this country come to their senses and stop pretending to be the God gift on the earth!
S.M.Ahmad
Oct 29, 2011 06:08pm
You have to be blind to not see any discrimination...I understand that the media does not report cases as freely as it does other news..but I believe even the most uneducated sector of our society will not deny that discrimination exists..in fact..they'll try to justify it!
raika45
Oct 29, 2011 06:22pm
My question to Molvi Mujtaba. All the Muslims of various sub casts are Muslims. You read and respect the Quran.Only thing you have diverse views of how to practice it.So tell me which is the true Islam? Why can't you Muslims accept your differences like other religions and get on in life.
raika45
Oct 29, 2011 06:31pm
Malaysia.In Malaysia non muslims practice their beliefs without any problem.In fact if the Hindus,chinese,Buddhists,Christians and sikhs want to build their house of prayer the state government will help them get land.If they have the land the state government gives a cash donation.This is a fact.I am a Malaysian.
IK
Oct 29, 2011 08:05pm
Reall? I'm lost - please explain how so?
IK
Oct 29, 2011 08:10pm
I think that was the point Sarah was making - agreed, whether Indians are secular or not, Indian society and laws are. Tells you what a difference even a few good leaders can make.
mian
Oct 29, 2011 08:33pm
I strongly suggest to the people who are suppressing minorities living in Pakistan. So called minorities are as much Pakistan`s as much other non-minority. Please wake up and stop doing such thing. Live like bothers and sisters. Pakistan has many other problems, try to work together and resolve those.
malik
Oct 29, 2011 09:19pm
I salute Dawn news paper on their boldness to allow some body to write about Ahmadis. Writer did a great job.
LSD
Oct 29, 2011 09:36pm
what did he contribute to Pakistan ?
Irshad Khan
Oct 29, 2011 09:48pm
I firmly believe on freedom of conscience and religion freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression. In Pakistan Ahmedia, Ismaili, Hindu ,Shia and Sunni should all be equal. The father of nation Quid-E-Azam was not a Sunni or Shea either. Just remember that if Syed Munawar Hasan or Qazi Hussain had born in a Sikh family then they would have been proud Saradars.
Qasim
Oct 29, 2011 10:38pm
Salam to all. Im a muslim and strictly believe in no sect. All muslims (whether from any sects) are brothers. No one has the right to say anyone nonmuslim. Sectarianism is one of many threats Pakistan is facing. Thanks God Shia-sunni disputes are over. Any injustice under any excuse is wrong. Saying all this all muslims should live like brothers (as ordered by Almighty Allah) and save Pakistan from more problems. As Shia-Sunni problem is solved similarly all such problems will be solved. Do't worry all brothers
Afzal Mir
Oct 29, 2011 11:09pm
All reasonable Pakistanis must feel ashamed at the treatment that minorities receive from the people and the government of Pakistan. We are all witness to it. Over the years corrupt politicians had allowed extremists to overrun this country and take it as a hostage. Zofine's write up is based on facts.
abdul
Oct 29, 2011 11:10pm
yes, mostly
S. Malik
Oct 29, 2011 11:22pm
7 years ago my whole institution was united against me just because they realized, I belong to the Ahmadiyya faith. I fled pakistan and came to u.k, offered places in the best universities of u.k, and now working for top tier firms of the world. Still my heart beats exactly like an ordinary pakistani living in pakistan and pray , Long live Pakistan!
Saima Shah
Oct 29, 2011 11:30pm
I wish if there were a few fearless, honest and bold writers like you. Well done, Kindly keep it up.
shazee
Oct 30, 2011 12:59am
When during a census of Medina, Prophet Muhammad was asked who should be considered a Muslim, he said "whoever claims to be Muslim, include him/her as my own." Shouldn't this teaching from the founder of Islam be considered the "gold standard" of definition of a Muslim? It certainly is a lot safer than "I believe whatever my Mullah tells me to believe."
rashid
Oct 30, 2011 03:01am
i belong to kpk and iam a sunni. iam of the opinion that instead of discussing the achievements we should point towards the real problem..Any learned muslim will not like to harm any other person because killing of one human being in Islam is next to killing of humanity..whoever is treating ahmadis in such a manner is a learned illiterate and is harming Islam..besides, Allah explicitly forbid Muslims in the QURAN to show respect to other religions as they in turn will respect the religion of Islam. However if any human being claims of the Prophecy, is like insulting the religion of Islam and thereby the sentiments of the Muslims attached to it..so in this regard i personally am of the opinion that anyone who is either ahmadi or belongs to any other sect should carefully study the Quran and its teachings and should perceive it as a book in order to take guidance from it which would help them about the better understanding and the sensitivities of the Muslims attached to the religion. rashid
Sindhvoice
Oct 30, 2011 04:04am
It's very sad to read such news items, even if we buy this argument that Pakistan came into being on the name of religion, it doesnt allow any one to create the sense of hatred, insecurity and trouble against minority.I even dislike the term "minority", they are after all Pakistanis like us.Their dignity and freedom of practicing their faith should be respected.In this perspective, the Sindhi sufi-ism could be employed to create a society based on more tolerance and cohesion.
Hussein
Oct 30, 2011 04:57am
The key to prosperity is ensuring all humans are given unalienable rights in a civil society. It is deplorable to discriminate against people merely because of their faith. Hopefully Pakistan will become secular country. Unfortunately, this society is riddled with discrimination, nepotism practised across all ethnic groups, and corruption.
Imran
Oct 30, 2011 06:27am
well written article, based on facts. Some comments here show depth of the problem, hatred is not only amongst illiterate fundamentalists, it is also amongst so called educated class who also think that expulsion based on religion is justified. Since Zia era, we are having brainwashed generations…..God help us….
Nasir
Oct 30, 2011 09:07am
A very true picture. I know lots of moderate people in Pakistan including some in political circles have risen their voice against persecution of Ahmadis in Pakistan. We need enlightened people who continue to write such articles in English as well as in Urdu print media. A true Pakistani and a true Muslim will acknowledge that there is no compulsion in religion and everyone has right, a freedom to practice their faith. The agony of Pakistan is that we have become a theocratic state by meddling in personal lives of individuals which is against the teachings of Islam. The comments which I read here against this article are not based on merit rather on biased which as per the article have instigated from the childhood against Ahmadis in Pakistan. Today's extremism or terrorism, suicide bombings all grew from Ahmadiyya hatredness. Had Bhutto and then Zia-ul-Haq had farsightedness they would not have gone to petty things such as mere gains at the expense of destroying generations of Pakistan.
Muhammad Farooq
Oct 30, 2011 09:20am
I am surprised to read this news. Schools are place of learning and education and should be open to students of all faiths and even for those who have no faith at all, period!
Naeem
Oct 30, 2011 07:09pm
I am an Ahmadi, I will only say three things here. 1. There is not a single word in our beliefs or Books that is derogatory or blasphemous or insulting to Islam or Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him). 2. There is not a single word in our beliefs or Books that does not show true and good image of Islam, Islam which was practiced by the founder of Islam, Hazrat Muhammad (peace be upon hm). 3. There is not a single word in our beliefs or books that we cannot prove from Holy Quran and Ahadiths. Come and talk to us.
S. Rasul
Oct 31, 2011 01:28am
Assalam-u-alaikum, As long as they have been declared a minority and non-muslims, these Mirzais/Qadianis must be treated as Pakistanis as no authority on earth can deprive them of their place of birth. Thereby, the government of Pakistan protect their life and property. But its very sad that this is not happening which is extremely a matter of sorrow.
IK
Oct 31, 2011 03:07am
@LSD - He put Pakistan's name on global map in context of science and research (and for once not in context of terrorism). BTW I visted a conference in Canada last year on Islam's contributions to society and he was listed as one of only two Nobel Prize winner scientists - Guess he is considered a muslim outside of Pakistan (Ironic - isn't it?)
Haider
Oct 31, 2011 05:31am
Thank you.......
kashan
Oct 31, 2011 08:57am
Kudos, all facts are true that Ahmadis are facing in Pakistan. In my opinion, every citizen should have the basic rights based on humanity not on religion. Solute to you to write such a brave writing piece.
Insaaniat
Nov 01, 2011 08:53am
“People are culturally nosy and want to know your cast and sect.” This is not just an issue in Pakistan. Out here in Canada, people with desi roots whether they belong to Pakistan, india or Bangladesh, as long as they are Muslims, they will show a keen interest in finding out who you are or more specifically what Musalla or Mosque do you go to and from there on they will obviously find out what sect you belong to and then later on treat you according to their judgments of the respective sect. In case you happen to be an Ahmadi, get ready for a total boycott. With this experience in front, being nosy doesn’t adhere to Pakistani society alone. Its not something that the Pakistani society is facing, its a problem that has to do with the common ideology linking people coming from these three countries specifically. And apparently the blame falls off on religion for creating such disparities. But before the religion is blamed off, let me remind everyone that it was the same religion that once brought Muslims as the best scientists and established a great reputation for them. And today its the same religion but obviously a totally different scenario. If Islam has become a laughing stock today, its not because of its teachings but because of the followers. As for the hatred, you can't be fostering hatred in your heart while trying to be a follower of the path of Prophet Muhammad. Its totally against the universal law, light and shadow cannot exist together.
Balal
Nov 01, 2011 11:19am
Firstly I would like to congratulate Zofine for even writing and sharing truth is a noble deed. Ahamdis are one of the most peaceful and tolerant people in the world. The should get equal rights and should be equal social status as any Pakistani should get. If more writers will come up with such valor and bravery soon the tide will turn and a better tomorrow will await us.
Shafiq
Nov 01, 2011 02:43pm
LOVE FOR ALL HATRED FOR NONE.
Farid Mahmood
Nov 02, 2011 05:34pm
Zofen you are right and I appreciate your courage towards truth. May Allah bless you and be with you. Aameen summa aameen.
Fazal
Nov 02, 2011 07:02pm
LOVE FOR ALL HATRED FOR NONE
Nayyar Ahmed
Nov 02, 2011 09:38pm
Zofen your article is very true i appricate your courage to write and publish that article May Allah Almighty bless you. Ameen
Farzan Wadood
Nov 02, 2011 09:47pm
May Allah Bless you for your this courage that you publish the reality which may leed the people to against you also
sajeelmasood
Nov 02, 2011 10:52pm
great job brother god bless u............love for all
Ather Ahmad
Nov 02, 2011 10:56pm
Good step to create awareness of human rights among people
Raza
Nov 02, 2011 11:10pm
In sha ALLAh...future will be more bright..May Allah lead us to the right path...Ameen
muhammad basharat
Nov 02, 2011 11:18pm
you are right and I appreciate your courage towards truth.tahnks to dawn for this.good job its called "azad sahafat"
Muhammad Atif Khan
Nov 02, 2011 11:21pm
By staying quiet and apathetic, we indirectly support the cause the hate-mongerers and mischeif-spreaders. Few bring in the courage to stand up and speak aloud against such brutal trends; this article is a good effort in this direction and smoothly lifts the hypocritic veil of our society.
Naser
Nov 02, 2011 11:32pm
u r right.. i really appriciate ur effort.. u r one of those few truthfull person who have courage toward truth.. JAZAKALLAH..
Asim mehmood
Nov 02, 2011 11:32pm
zofen good work may god bless you .ameen
Irfan Salam
Nov 02, 2011 11:39pm
A very good article,highlighting the deep rooted religious extremism in our society.This trend is leading us to a disaster. May Allah bless Pakistan and its people.
Ahmad
Nov 03, 2011 12:18am
Superb article. Hats off to you for writing this article full of truth. Please continue his effort as it is really required in our society.
aleem
Nov 03, 2011 01:24am
i would like to say bravo to z.t.ebrahim for his courage that he voiced out the situation of minorities in pakistan.it deeply saddens me that religious hatred has taken over out country so badly that its impossible to be safe there any more . may God help us
Nafees
Nov 03, 2011 02:50am
All human beings have the right to believe in what they want to believe, every one should have right to live according to his faith. Religion should be irrelevant for admission in educational institutions or for a job,
Khawaja Mubashar
Nov 03, 2011 08:30am
Great Job done by you Mr Zofan. May God bless you and give more courage to show true picture of Ahmadis and their opponents.
Fateh uddin usama
Nov 03, 2011 09:56am
Dear Zofeen i selute you and dawn news paper.
Arman Asad
Nov 03, 2011 10:33am
Assalam-u-alaikum. It's really a brave effort to write on this serious issue as our electric media is showing complete silence regarding sensitive issue which is hollowing the roots of our country! Perhaps we may strengthen enough to prevent ourselves from such elements who are preaching such hatred. Allah bless you a lot a write this! GREAT EFFORT!
humayun
Nov 03, 2011 10:40am
asalamoalakum you done a great job in this article.bohet kam log pakistan men hen jo insaf ki bat kerte hen aour ahmadioun ka haq men bolte hen may god bless you
Gulzaib
Nov 03, 2011 10:45am
Well written & bravely written Great & thought provoking
Tariq Saeed
Nov 03, 2011 11:16am
Zofeen, I highly appreciate your courage to write on the persecution of Ahmadis in Pakistan. People, even electronic and print media that claim to be free and unbiased, no one wants to discuss this topic. You will see literature and articles in national newspapers against Ahmadis but you cannot find even a single reply from Ahmadis published to counter the allegations and propaganda promoted against them. I personally know that Ahmadis write to media to clear the misunderstandings about them but media and government give always a deaf ear to them. These double standards have given more courage to anti-Ahmadis.
naveed
Nov 03, 2011 11:59am
I realy appreciate you Good work. May God Bless You.
sohail ahmed
Nov 03, 2011 12:08pm
LOVE FOR ALL HATERED FOR NONE
Noman Tayyab
Nov 03, 2011 12:11pm
A very courageous work by the writer in such environment where a flexible one towards this community is thought suspicious. I appreciate the efforts. The so-called truth bearers should be taken under control for the better future of this country. May ALLAH keep our country safe from these extremists.
sohail ahmed
Nov 03, 2011 12:12pm
good
Atta ul hadi
Nov 03, 2011 07:35am
"Humanity first" These are my comments for Dear Zofeen and Dawn News.God Bless u all. We love Pakistan we will live their and make it more peaceful for all human being coz our father's and Grand father's dropped their blood for making Pakistan.
Asif Mehmood
Nov 03, 2011 01:41pm
Zofeen i appreciate your courage Also dawn news paper.
tayyaba muzaffar
Nov 03, 2011 02:55pm
Dear Zofen May Allah Bless You and be with you.your artical is great i selute your braveness.
Naveed ahmad
Nov 03, 2011 10:02am
Aoa, Zofen i have appriciate u for up's vioce about truth. God bless u. God says,U will seen every corner of earth to ahmadiat. Love 4 all,hatred 4 none.
Waseem Ahmed Mahmood
Nov 03, 2011 06:11pm
i salute u on ur great effort Allah bless you. great artical
adeel ahmad gill
Nov 03, 2011 06:14pm
this is a masterpiece work done by the zofen and dawn. May Allah Bless them.
zubair
Nov 03, 2011 06:59pm
very true.......
mirza
Nov 03, 2011 03:11pm
Great job...u raised voice for Ahmadis,,,God bless you... LOVE 4 ALL..HATRED FOR NONE.....great slogan by great Ahmaddi's
M Zahid
Nov 03, 2011 08:36pm
Aoa, Zofen i have appriciate u for up’s vioce about truth. God bless u. God says,U will seen every corner of earth to ahmadiat. Love 4 all,hatred 4 none.
ABDUL WAHEED
Nov 03, 2011 08:44pm
Very Good brother
Ata
Nov 03, 2011 08:50pm
Dear Writer, I really appreciate your courage. It is an excellent effort. You have raised the voice of justice, a value which has become extinct in this country. I pray and hope that you continue writing against the injustice and intolerance.
Muhammad Zafarullah
Nov 03, 2011 09:03pm
Thanks for Writing article for us
Saqib
Nov 03, 2011 09:37pm
Ahmadies should be given equal rights is Pakistan. If they believe that they are Muslims and pay respect to Holy Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, no one shall be allowed to inflict pain on them in the name of Islam. Islam is religion for mankind and anyone can practice it and there is no need to get any license of any kind from anyone...
DR,saleem ahmad bash
Nov 03, 2011 10:09pm
i really appriciate ur effort..that is true.
Sajid Mahmood
Nov 03, 2011 10:58pm
Beside of everything, it might to kept that we are all human beings and let be think what Holy Quran says there is no discrimination on the basis of religion. We should treat with each other like human being. I really appreciate your efforts which you have written, such a few people who think that they have to write what is right and wrong and you are one of them.
Choudhary Manoor Aze
Nov 03, 2011 11:07pm
salam......indeed a great and remarkable effort of yours.....May Allah showers His blessings on you.........admired completely...
ahmed
Nov 03, 2011 11:23pm
very well said
umar shaukat
Nov 03, 2011 11:24pm
It came as a pleasant surprise to see someone addressing this issue so bravely most dnt dare to talk about.Hope this inspires others to stand ans speak for the truth.May Allah bless u and keep u safe!ameen
Nauman Tahir
Nov 03, 2011 11:52pm
Ms. Zofeen, you have written just plain Truth which many people in media do not consider when it matters Ahmadies. We are a peace loving community which has never ever retaliated hatred with hatred. Rather we are constantly instructed to pray and offer Nawafil for the prosperity and peace in Pakistan. Our motto IS and will Always remain: LOVE FOR ALL HATRED FOR NONE.......
Zeeshan Masood
Nov 04, 2011 01:13am
Dear Zobeen, I would like to thank you for your detailed research and bitter truth stated in this article. I personally believe that faith-based discrimination and laws should not be permitted in any country. This article states clear proof that there are a lot of faith-based killings every day but very few people talk about it this openly. Students get expelled every day due to their faith. Due to the hate campaigns issued there is even more hatred created by leaders and government officials therefore it’s even harder to live in such a place. Thank you for shedding light on such issues and bringing it to the media’s attention. May this be an eye opener for everyone. Amen. Great work. GOD BLESS.
farhan
Nov 04, 2011 01:53am
Good work Zofen
Lucky Butt
Nov 04, 2011 01:59am
Hey nice work I appreciate your work Zofen. Allah Bless you LOVE FOR ALL
Nasir
Nov 04, 2011 03:55am
A great article , i wish pakistan had more individiuals like you
Mansoor
Nov 04, 2011 05:51am
Amazing article. If all Pakistanis start thinking in same way, I think more than half of the problems will be solved. There is just one simple rule.. Humanity First. Each and every religion talks about this and if you become good human, only then you can preach and convince someone for your religion. Before that, it's just useless.
Hammad
Nov 04, 2011 08:08am
Well done dear writer. God Bless You. Let me say that You are one of the persons who has courage to say reality
zAFAR iQBAL
Nov 04, 2011 09:36am
Dear Zofeen, I really appreciate your effort and courage and also would like to thanks to Dawn news who shows courage to publish this article otherwise other media groups in Pakistan who claims largest media group don't have courage to publish these kind of article. I once again thank you very much. LOVE FOR ALL HATRED FOR NONE. Zafar Iqbal
Hamid Mahmood
Nov 04, 2011 09:52am
Great article and appreciate your efforts
Muzaffar Rasheed
Nov 04, 2011 11:17am
Great Mr. you have done a wonderful job
Omar Malik
Nov 04, 2011 11:50am
Keep up the good work Zofeen. Great Article!!!
Awais bajwa
Nov 04, 2011 12:02pm
I really appreciate your efforts for bringing such vital issue into light. Its a very bold step. Hopefully it encourages others in taking similar steps. May Allah grant you more courage
Sohaib Tishna
Nov 04, 2011 12:41pm
Allah tala Dawn news Ko kamyabi atta kary aur isi tarhan such ka parchar karny ki toufeeq day ameen Khuda ap ka hami-o-nasir ho ameen
Zafar Iqbal
Nov 04, 2011 02:46pm
Thank you Mr. Writer. God bless you. Writer like you and newspaper like Dawn are real hope in such a bad era in our society where truth is not accepted and (not)tolerated. Most of us are worshippers of there selfmade idols like the era of ignorance. Great job keep it up.
Tuheed A. Ayaz
Nov 04, 2011 03:36pm
A great effort. May ALLAH bless every ahmadi.
Adnan
Nov 04, 2011 03:46pm
Great its really true.
zafar
Nov 04, 2011 03:49pm
AOA I Appreciate you courage work and also Dawn News. GOD BLESS YOU THANK YOU
Jamil
Nov 04, 2011 04:04pm
Dear Zofen, I think you did great efferts to get all this information. You realy write a good article. Regards, Jamil
Naveed Bajwa
Nov 04, 2011 04:34pm
you are doin the work with fully honestly.
Jamsheed
Nov 04, 2011 05:01pm
Keep it up May God Bless…….be the first light
dilawar hussain
Nov 04, 2011 05:05pm
Writing truth is the Greatest JEHAD now a days specially when we are living in a society of illiterate PHDs, Graduates and post gradates who even know nothing about the real ISLAM and its blessing.
Saboor
Nov 04, 2011 05:05pm
Zofeen T. Ebrahim, Talking about Ahmadiyya community is a sensitive and touchy subject. If, you have told us whatever you heard, saw, learnt or felt, and took courage to write on this touchy area, it is appreciable. Unfortunately, we are trapped by 'Mullahs', we have made them a power and now we are afraid of them and even cannot speak the truth. May Allah bless you and give you courage to write, speak and express what you hear, see or feel.
Salman
Nov 04, 2011 05:20pm
People like Zofeen are like a lightning rod in a dark society. God bless!
Syed Aqeel Ahmed
Nov 04, 2011 05:40pm
a very beautiful article May Allah Bless you
ali fakhar
Nov 04, 2011 06:05pm
I appreciate and say thanks to you for this article.God b less you and remember us in your prayers.
Nouman
Nov 04, 2011 07:16pm
This is a very courageous thing u did by writing this article. I hope more people r like u. may ALLAH bless u. LOVE FOR ALL HATRED FOR NONE.
AM
Nov 04, 2011 07:29pm
Hope all goes well.
Mubashir
Nov 04, 2011 08:37pm
Dear Writer, You have written something that everyone of us in minority would want. I wish this society gets a brain and learn to tolerate and listen to others view points before coming to a conclusion. I appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue. May Allah bless you!
Muazzam Ali
Nov 04, 2011 09:26pm
a lot of courage you have shown in your article. People like you in Pakistan are real hope for its bright future. May GOD bless you and give you more courage to write truth
Munawer Ahmed
Nov 04, 2011 09:34pm
you are doing great job. GOD bless you,Ameen
Sheikh Anser Islamab
Nov 04, 2011 09:34pm
We just want to spread the the Name of Allah and his and our Beloved Rasool SAW but people dont want to see us if we are doing like this we Know Allah is Kareem and our slogan is Love for all Hatred for None and Thanks Zofeen T. Ebrahim
fareed ahmed jawaid
Nov 04, 2011 09:38pm
dear zofeen this is truth n greatest very beautiful article regards fareed ahmed
mhanifamir@gmail.com
Nov 04, 2011 09:52pm
Its great job you have done, Reality & Truthfulness should spread. Love for all hatred for none. Amir
saima
Nov 04, 2011 09:53pm
great job ,keep it up ,,may Allah bless all of us ameen ,,,
adeel choudhary
Nov 04, 2011 10:01pm
i really appreciate your great work i m thanks full that u r talking about us people know the truth but the don't want to talk on this topic cuz they are scared of the anti ahmadies. but hats off to u GOD bless u! keep it up
alia masood
Nov 04, 2011 10:35pm
thanks for this article this may help people to realize the fact Allah bless u
sadiq ahmed
Nov 04, 2011 10:55pm
Great work I appreciate your courage as we always believe in Love For All Hatred For None
Sohail Ahmed
Nov 04, 2011 11:03pm
You have done a real effort to highlight the real issue of religion in Pakistan where supporting these things is taboo. you have done really a great work.
muzaffar ahmad
Nov 04, 2011 11:10pm
beautiful article May Allah Bless you
An'nasar Ahmad
Nov 05, 2011 12:15am
This is the inspiration,the real inspiration for a true journalist and for A Good Human Being.I appreciate this great effort by Zofeen! The length of article may show that he wanted to write more and more coz the way Ahmadies are being treated in Pakistan,specially,is an endless story,the story that is a disguised tale for many in Pakistan! Being silent in manner but loud at prayers,Ahmadies are patriotic in real sense.
asim jatt
Nov 05, 2011 12:37am
Awais Rafique
Nov 05, 2011 09:41am
Great job Zofeen T. Ebrahim... We thank u to raise this issue at media level
Aqib Laghari
Nov 05, 2011 09:47am
Thanks 4 this act of kindness. . . we are obliged to u and pray 4 u
shahzadsahi@yahoo.co
Nov 05, 2011 11:35am
Aoa, more articles like this should be published to reduce hatred among religious groups and establish peace in our community
TAHIR
Nov 05, 2011 01:25pm
you really have the courage to address ISSUES like this and may Allah bless you. I personally dealt the case of HINA AKRAM regarding her future education and what the family went through was a very painful experience.
Nasir
Nov 05, 2011 01:32pm
Its a great shame that Ahmadiyyas are been treated like a venom disease. One must not forget that spreading hatred for personal desires is not a teaching of Islam. But unfortunately our Country is plunged in this darkness due to such thoughts. Ahmadiyas are Pakistani and no one can take their right for been a part of this nation.
Zeeshan Ahmad
Nov 05, 2011 06:47pm
Really a brave article. I wonder how many have got such courage in our country?
Deepak
Nov 05, 2011 07:07pm
Zoffeen, I applaud your sincerity and courage to write such an article in Pakistan. It is even more heartening to read the comments from people supporting equal rights for minorities. I am sure Pakistan will come up with legislative changes required. Deepak
Omer Waraich
Nov 05, 2011 11:44pm
Great work! A really honourable service to the country & all Muslims to bring this topic up & appeal for justice.
Ali Mumtaz Warraich
Nov 05, 2011 11:47pm
A brilliant and brave display of courage and justice.Well done to have written such an article which can prevail peace in the Muslim community.MashAllah.Well done
Aamir
Nov 05, 2011 11:56pm
now a days it is need to be united as nation. May GOD help us to be united as a single nation (Aameen)
Malik
Nov 06, 2011 12:07am
Good very much appreciated LOVE FOR ALL HATRED FOR NONE.
shahid
Nov 06, 2011 12:09am
very good work,,,,,keep it up
Umer
Nov 06, 2011 12:16am
I like that article EDUCATION IS RIGHT OF EVERY STUDENT. REGARDS
Naz
Nov 06, 2011 12:27am
thats good to identified the weakness of our educational departments. if institutes are spreading and teaching these hatred tings then think what are we giving to our children. regards
Mudassir
Nov 06, 2011 12:32am
Very true picture of today's pakistan..may Allah bless the writer with more and more courage..
Bashir Tahir Ahmad
Nov 06, 2011 01:38am
The article does well to highlight one of the many issues in our country. Good job Zofeen T. Ebrahim, may Allah's peace and blessings always be with you.
Asad
Nov 06, 2011 02:28am
Wonderful great work. Truly very sensitive topic which mostly dont want to get there hands in.... keep up the good work... will pray for u
Yahya
Nov 06, 2011 05:07am
Very courageous! In the land of Lies where speaking out truth can be life threatening, even life taking, this effort is amazing! Carry on Zofeen!
Zahoor
Nov 06, 2011 07:38am
Its all because of Zia legacy.
Toqeer
Nov 06, 2011 07:42am
Well, a balanced article.
zafar
Nov 06, 2011 07:43am
Thanks to alarm us.
ayaz khan
Nov 06, 2011 08:05am
A very good article, highlighting the truth
jehangir khan
Nov 06, 2011 08:07am
more article like this should be written and communicate the truth to the public
Hameed
Nov 06, 2011 08:46am
good work may god bless you
Tariq
Nov 06, 2011 08:49am
you have done a wonderful job
Jamil
Nov 06, 2011 08:50am
I Appreciate you courage work and also Dawn News.
Imran Khan
Nov 06, 2011 09:10am
sir we very thankfull to you for your efforts and MAY ALLAH BLESS U
Hammad
Nov 06, 2011 09:14am
Great work Dawn and Zofeen! Keep it up. Until the people like you are in our beloved country we can never give up hope. InshaAllah, and very soon a day will Dawn when we will see love, peace and harmony among the people of Pakistan. God Bless you always!! Regards.
RUWAIL
Nov 06, 2011 09:19am
Dear Zofeen Aslamoalaikum Thanks to you and the Dawn to write about us. Pakistan is our country and every Ahmadi love with it and we are peaceful community. A world known us as peaceful community. i hope if media done write job everything is possible. Jazakumullah
KAMRAN ASHRAF
Nov 06, 2011 09:25am
A great effort and thank you.
Nadeem Asmar
Nov 06, 2011 09:35am
Dear Zofeen Aslamoalaikum Thanks to you and the Dawn to write about us. Pakistan is our country and every Ahmadi love with it and the says same words which said by our beloved Holy Prophet Hazrat MOhammad (PBUH) on the accassion of Hijrat e Madina. Jazakumullah
Naseer Ahmad
Nov 06, 2011 09:58am
Naveed Just to correct you, it was not the Supreme Court which declared Ahamdies as Non Muslims, it was the elected Parliament under the leadership of ZA Bhutto. The same parliament which was declared the most corrupt by Gen Zia ul Haq. In case you want to know what the Supreme Court had to say, then please read the Justice Munir Report, that will clarify many things for you.
jannat_alizay@yahoo.
Nov 06, 2011 10:14am
Great work u done Mr...... keep it up ..... all true .... gud article.......
jannat alizay
Nov 06, 2011 10:15am
OwEsOm ArtIcLe ........ true .........
tahir javed
Nov 06, 2011 10:55am
asaslamualaikum Mr.Zofeen! Great article you had written. Thanks alot. Hoping that you will not loose your courage till the day of judgement. God Bless you my friend. Regards, Tahir Ahmed.
Alivali
Nov 06, 2011 11:24am
thanks for this article this may help people to realize the fact Allah bless u
abbas
Nov 06, 2011 12:29pm
Gold bless you . You are very rare one in this world to accept reality.
Abdul Ali
Nov 06, 2011 01:05pm
Great Job bro :) ALLAH bless you :)
ZillurRehman
Nov 06, 2011 01:50pm
really great effort, and my friend this is happening to ahmadiz from a long time. :(
Tahir
Nov 06, 2011 02:14pm
Assalamoalikum, Hope you are fine. Thanks for putting in your fruitful thoughts for the sensitive topic. God Bless you. Regards, Tahir
Chaudree Rashid Yasi
Nov 06, 2011 02:19pm
Iv haven't read the article yet but it seems so great and effective that I have printed it and also have forward this article link to all my nearest freinds. I'll soon read it also !!
Falah
Nov 06, 2011 02:21pm
Dear Zofeen, God bless you. Very Nice Article. It is the part of our faith to love the country from which we belong, therefore we Love Pakistan the most. Pakistan Zindabad. Regards, Falah
Khawar
Nov 06, 2011 02:27pm
Dear Zofeen, It was courageous article. May Allah bless you in every aspect of your life and May Allah give courage to all the people, to search the truth. Regards
Kashif
Nov 06, 2011 02:47pm
Dear Zofeen, I must appreciate you courage and boldness in highlighting such issue which the Ahmadiyya community is facing in Pakistan. One can realise the overall "hatred" atmosphere from your article reflecting the situation in the education sector. Such is the injustice, fear and humilitation that the ahmadis have to face right from the childhood. Despite of all this hostilities, they are working hard for the progress and prosperity of Pakistan in whatever position they are, and being loyal to the motherland as they are taught "Hubbul watni Eiman ka Hissa he". Thanks again Zofeen, it is people like you who can bring winds of change in this hatred and darkness. God Bless you
ehtisham
Nov 06, 2011 05:09pm
As a journalist Mr. Zofeen share our issues and problems. That is a great effort so all the credit goes to you and your dawn new team who’s broadcast the truth via electronic media.
qudrat ullah shad
Nov 06, 2011 05:27pm
Great work Dawn and Zofeen! Thank you Mr. Writer. God bless you. Writer like you and newspaper like Dawn are real hope in such a bad era in our society where truth is not accepted and (not) tolerated. A lot of courage you have shown in your article. People like you in Pakistan are real hope for its bright future. May GOD bless you and give you more courage to write truth.
Muhammad Kashif Lati
Nov 06, 2011 05:44pm
Nice effort..... May Allah guide us all on the right path as described in Quran and acted by Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH).
Muhammad Shoaib Qure
Nov 06, 2011 06:38pm
Thanks for revealing the hidden and sad truth of the so called Pakistani Muslim society. God Bless you for the courageous article. Very well written indeed.
Khaleel Ahmed
Nov 06, 2011 06:58pm
Daring Article Zofeen....Hats off to u
atta
Nov 06, 2011 07:05pm
Dear Zofeen, First of all I would like to thank you for this article. May Allah bless you with his blessing and be with you all the time. In todays world people like you are very few. Great work. Please keep writing this type of articles.
Talha
Nov 06, 2011 07:15pm
It should be called a piece of art. A brilliant effort on your part sir hats off. I hope you continue to highlite the true issues faced by the minorities in Pakistan. Talha Abdul Rauf
atif shahid
Nov 06, 2011 07:25pm
may ALLAH BLESS U
osama541@gmail.com
Nov 06, 2011 07:26pm
NICE JOB....MAY ALL WILL COME ON THE RIGHT WAY...JAZAKALLAH
Dr. Faizan Abdul Kha
Nov 06, 2011 07:27pm
Hats off to you for writing such a bold piece, I must say that you have shown immense courage and a great effort to be the voice of a community that is persecuted to such an extent that most have to hide their religious identity. Great work Zofeen and dawn for being the voice of Ahmadis in a situation when others don't raise their voices for the rights of minorities in Pakistan and to condemn the anti Ahmadi campaign of extremist clerics and the government that is criminally ignorant and playing the role of a silent supporter and protector of these extremists.
muza
Nov 06, 2011 07:59pm
Dear Thanks for sharing positive views.
shayan
Nov 06, 2011 08:21pm
Its a great essay..
Adeel Bajwa
Nov 06, 2011 08:23pm
Mr. Zofeen I Appreciate your courage work talking about Ahmadiyya community we all are thankful to you
adnan ashraf
Nov 06, 2011 08:37pm
dear zofeen i appreciate your great work thank u
Abdul Rafay
Nov 06, 2011 08:49pm
Dear Zofeen. Hats off to you! I appreciate what you wrote in defense for our community. May Allah give you the strength and support to continue this work for a noble cause! God Bless you!
Sultan
Nov 06, 2011 09:13pm
This is a great couregeous effort in such a worst situation where even Government have no courage to say any thing about these extremists and situation is getting worst day by day.
Ali P
Nov 06, 2011 09:25pm
Bravo!  You had the courage to show the true picture of what certain fractions of our society are facing.
Osama Iqbal
Nov 06, 2011 09:43pm
People like Mr Zofeen should be appreciated so that others like him may be heard , since they are the ones who can bring about a change in our country for the good , a change that will eradicate hatred from our society and bring us closer to one another.
Noaman
Nov 06, 2011 09:44pm
Assalam-o-alaikum, Thanks for highlighting the problems faced by the Ahmadi students . Well Researched . Great Work . God Bless you. Regards, Noaman
Kamran
Nov 06, 2011 09:49pm
Remarkable article, You are blessed and will be, Love for all, hatred for none....... Regards
Muhammad Atif
Nov 06, 2011 09:58pm
Miss Zofeen! I salute your courage to write so boldly on this human rights issue. Many people in our society are infected with the pathogens of hatred, prejudice and hypocrisy and it is through such thought-provoking writings that we can hope to achieve a moral sterilization effect. Thank you for you effort. May God Bless You!
Jabbar Ahmed
Nov 06, 2011 11:04pm
Ahmadi students face obstacles in their academic pursuit due to their religious views even though the first and only Pakistani to have received a Noble Prize was actually and ironically an Ahmadi
sheikh muhammad ahsa
Nov 06, 2011 11:45pm
Zofeen T. Ebrahim you are really wonderful and brave job, i have really no word to appreciate you. just you feel it thanks shukira from deep of my heart and i wish success always kiss you in every field of life and after life. keep it up and fight against hatred because this is key for peace and success
Irfan Choudhry
Nov 07, 2011 12:31am
Aoa.. Well this is High Class Article by Zofeen. i have no such a fantastic words to explain but i use The word "Excellent" for this
Tariq Ali
Nov 07, 2011 01:53am
Bravo! That you had the courage to show the true picture about the ordeals being faced by certain fractions of our society. This article brings into light the truth which masses are not aware of or at times inconsiderate about it.
zaheer
Nov 07, 2011 03:49am
Jazzak Allah
M.Waqas yousuf
Nov 07, 2011 04:44am
Great appreciation for you, you have taken a brave step God Bless you.Hope that you and Dawn will keep highlighting these issues, that is all what your responsibility to expose the discrimination by any means against any one.
Asim Ahmed Khan
Nov 07, 2011 07:35am
What you have done is really courageous considering the situation in this country i.e. you've spoken the truth ... Masha-Allah !
Muhammad
Nov 07, 2011 08:41am
Dear I am really indebted to your courageous effort. At least there are some journalists in our country who think and write truth regardless of public opinion political inclinations.
Iftikhar Hussain
Nov 07, 2011 01:19pm
Great Article. May Allah give you more courage so thta you continue to write these type of article: Ameen
Kashif Hashmi
Nov 07, 2011 04:34pm
Assalam alaikum Dear Mr Zofeen, From deep inside my heart, i really appreciate your tremendous work on this topic. May Almighty Allah bless you & protect you from our so called religious clerics. Hats of to you. Hope you'll continue highlighting such topics. Best of luck.
Majid Warraich
Nov 07, 2011 09:00pm
Pakistan has become such a suffocating place where it is almost impossible to breathe liberally. Media is no exception; it also faces a crushing blow at all levels. Under such circumstances, Zofeen Ebrahim did his duty in an excellent manner. A prosecuted and persecuted community like Ahmadiyya Community needs a fair coverage by honest and brave journalists like Zofeen.
Abdul-Rafi
Nov 07, 2011 10:48pm
May God grant you the strength to carry on with the struggle to free the masses from hate due to religious differences
M RAFIQ
Nov 07, 2011 11:14pm
U choose a brave discuse about this trouble sufring by ahmadia people, Thanks a lot
Jamil
Nov 08, 2011 03:25am
Dear and Respectable Zofeen, Asalam-o-Alaikum, I highly appreciate your courage and attempt to raise a neglected issue of our country. Jamil Ahmed,
Amir
Nov 08, 2011 04:31am
I hope you will continue to write truth openly...although this is so endangered!! Good work..
Aleem Siddiqui
Nov 08, 2011 05:41am
Courageous effort Masha Allah!!! May Allah bless our people with open eyes and the light of Faith so that they might be able to understand the message of Allah Almighty. Ameen.
syed munir ahmed
Nov 08, 2011 09:25am
Dear Zofeen, As usual you have once again done a fantastic job. Its not only the students who are being harassed but just see the young man who has only mentioned in his song that no one knows Dr Abdul Salam....and the singer has been tagged as "qadiani"...even in a very learned environment whenever I talk about something related with Dr Salam, they are surprised and dont know anything about him...and in the modern world they know Pakistan as Salam's Pakistan... Here in our beloved country there are people who don't want to say full version of assalamo alaikum and say "SALAM" just to satisfy their inner ego that that have made someone NON MUSLIM by saying like this....that is my personal experience.. but still people like you and the newspapers like Dawn still appear to be source of inspiration that everything hasn't been destroyed. KEEP IT UP, ZOFEEN
Asad
Nov 08, 2011 11:51am
its indeed a truth which is revealed and is overlooked in our society , a nation which has almost forgotten their religion , and the one who claim to practice their religion is full of hatred when it comes to tolerance ... the only reason for this indulgence is the propagation of wrong teachings of Islam . the followers of Islam has never seen that much disrespectful time , still people believes that a Messiah will come and wake them from their intoxicated life which is full of traditional lies beneath the false teaching of Islam .
zaighum toseef
Nov 08, 2011 12:28pm
highly respectable zofeen it's a very couageuos and highly appreciable act of yours to highlight one of the most cringed cause celebre issue in our country your work is excellent may allah bless all with such a clear and truthful mind ameen yours thankful zaighum toseef
Hanif Chughtai
Nov 08, 2011 06:45pm
Very courageouse and outspoken writer. It is indeed a Jihad in this rigid and intolerant society where no one can live without submission to a few terrorising individuals who have hijacked the Pakistan from his founder Mr. Jinnah. Well done, keep it up.
Sh Haris Ahmad
Nov 09, 2011 09:34am
Dear Zofeen T Ebrahim That's very very courageous effort you have made and highligted a very sensitive issue. May Allah bless you and give you more power and courage in your pen Ameen Haris
raheel ahmad
Nov 09, 2011 10:07am
Uneeb Ahmad
Nov 09, 2011 05:00pm
Great work Zofeen! Keep it up. Until the people like you are in our beloved country we can never give up hope. . . Thank u May Allah Help U and Blessed U...
Uneeb Ahmad
Nov 09, 2011 05:02pm
Great Zofeen! Keep it up. Until the people like you are in our beloved country we can never give up hope. . . May Allah Bless U ... :)
mubariz ahmed
Nov 09, 2011 05:24pm
great effort
ammar
Nov 09, 2011 05:32pm
good article hope u keep writing on these kinds of issues
Taha Ahmed
Nov 09, 2011 07:21pm
Politicians should take this into notice rather than given comments ! We say so much to others but don't look on our own acts !
s m ahmed
Nov 10, 2011 11:09am
great effort
ahmad naseer
Nov 10, 2011 11:36am
dear Zofeen T. Ebrahim Assalam alaikum,Great Article i i really appreciate your tremendou.I hope you will continue to write truth openly…thanks
ali
Nov 10, 2011 11:57am
DEAR ZOFEEN you are the first man in the history how write about the minorities like ahmadi many other .Keep doing this great work
lucky
Nov 10, 2011 12:04pm
God bless to writer he spread truth.hats off to journalists like him
Badshah khan
Nov 10, 2011 02:25pm
Asalam-O-Alikum, Dear: Mr.Zofeen, I am really happy, I highly appreciate your this effort. Great Article, May Almighty Allah bless you & protect you AMEEN.
Faheem Ahmed
Nov 10, 2011 02:34pm
great Effort
mansoor
Nov 10, 2011 03:36pm
i ve great respect for your bravery,media heavyweights are reluctant to shed light on such issues you ve shown great courage to do that keep it up
Ihsan Rehman
Nov 10, 2011 05:48pm
Dear Mr Zofeen, Assalam alaikum: I appreciate your courage to write the facts.
Syed Faizan
Nov 11, 2011 04:49pm
Gr8 Article ... keep it up
DK
Nov 11, 2011 05:15pm
You are the man!! Zofeen :) Keep up the good work.
Adam Saeed
Nov 11, 2011 09:50pm
Saying Truth in dark times is the most courageous effort. I believe you would be remember in Good Names. Like we remember Martin Luther! Adam Saeed Karachi