03 September, 2014 / Ziqa'ad 7, 1435

Youth electrocuted

Published Sep 15, 2013 07:05am

TIMERGARA, Sept 14: A youth was on Saturday electrocuted after he accidentally touched a high tension power line at Kumbar bazaar in Talash here, residents and police said.

They said Irshad Ali owned a shop at Kumbar.

They said he climbed on the roof of his shop where he touched the line, which resulted in his on the spot death.

Local residents said that the youth remained stuck to the line for a long time as Wapda authorities could not be contacted on time to suspend the power supply.

The local people demanded of the government to pay compensation to the family of the victim.


Do you have information you wish to share with Dawn.com? You can email our News Desk to share news tips, reports and general feedback. You can also email the Blog Desk if you have an opinion or narrative to share, or reach out to the Special Projects Desk to send us your Photos, or Videos.

More From This Section

Comments (0) (Closed)