More about fairy tales
- Name the fairy tale in which a Chinese emperor gets the most beautiful thing in the kingdom but loses interest in it once he gets a mechanical replica of it.
- In this tale by the Grimm Brothers, a girl locked away in a tall tower without any doors can have visitors come up only in one way. Which way it is and what is the story’s name?
- In the fairy tale Rumpelstiltskin, what is the miller’s daughter ordered to spin into gold by the king and she is helped in doing so by a small creature?
- Name the tale where a small girl, as small as one of your fingers, is picked up and taken away by a bird.
- A tale by Hans Christian Andersen has the theme, ‘Vanity and selfishness are sins’, where a vain girl loves and shows off her shoes so much that she gets punished when the shoes don’t stop dancing and so take her away to many places.
- In this Grimm Brothers tale, two sisters help a bear and then a dwarf but the latter is very ungrateful to them. One of the names of the sisters is ‘Snow White’, what is the other sister’s name? Together these two names form the full title of the tale.
- How many dwarf friends did Snow White have, with she lived in the forest to hide from her cruel step-mother?
- In the story of Cinderella, she leaves behind something in a ball at the palace which the prince finds and uses to trace her. What was it?
-- Rehan Jalal
- The Nightingale by Hans Christian Andersen
- The story is Rapunzel, where the girl has very long hair that she lets down so that the witch that imprisoned her and a prince can hold and climb up.
- She has to spin straw into gold.
- Thumbelina, which is also the little heroine’s name.
- The Red Shoes
- Snow-White and Rose-Red
- A glass slipper