Alert Sign Dear reader, online ads enable us to deliver the journalism you value. Please support us by taking a moment to turn off Adblock on Dawn.com.

Alert Sign Dear reader, please upgrade to the latest version of IE to have a better reading experience

.

Railways land allotment case: NAB to submit report upon probe’s completion

Published Nov 10, 2012 07:57am

fasih-bokhari-afp670
NAB Chairman Admiral (retd) Fasih Bokhari. — Photo by AFP/File

ISLAMABAD: The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Saturday said that it had recorded the statements of three retired military officers and two civilians in a case related to alleged fraudulent allotment of 141 kanals of Pakistan Railways land in Lahore to the management of the Royal Palm Golf Club, DawnNews reported.

The bureau moreover stated that a report pertaining to the case would be submitted before the court upon the completion of the probe.

The former military officers whose statements were recorded are: Lt-Gen (retd) Javed Ashraf Qazi, Lt-Gen (retd) Saeeduz Zafar and Maj-Gen (retd) Hamid Hassan Butt

The three had been summoned by NAB for their alleged involvement in the leasing out of railways land in 2001, reportedly causing a loss of over Rs10 billion to the national exchequer.

The two civilians, whose statements were recorded, are: Khursheed Ahmad Khan, former finance member, and Iqbal Samad Khan, ex-general manager (operations), of Pakistan Railways

The NAB moreover stated that it would not fixing responsibility upon anyone and was simply probing the allotment.

It said the probe report would be submitted to the court which was the body mandated to finding responsibility in the case.