ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court on Monday declared the report submitted by National Accountability Bureau (NAB) pertaining to the rental power case as unsatisfactory and ordered the bureau to submit another report by Oct 16, DawnNews reported.
A three-member bench of the apex court, headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, heard the case.
During the hearing, NAB's Prosecutor General K K Agha told the court that two billion rupees had been recovered and that the recovery of another three billion rupees was in the pipeline.
The chief justice remarked that if the rental power case was not handled properly, the court would have to initiate contempt proceedings against the NAB.
The apex court also rejected the NAB’s plea to grant it another two months to carry out investigations.
Justice Jawwad S Khawaja said the NAB was advocating the people who had plundered tax-payers' money.
The hearing of the case was subsequently adjourned to Oct 16.
Earlier on September 25, the Supreme Court had summoned all the inquiry files for the rental power case by Oct 1.