LAHORE, March 14: Over 200 players from 12 affiliated units of the Pakistan Badminton Federation (PBF) will take part in the 50th edition of the national championship at the Iqbal Park Sports Complex from March 16 to 25.

This was disclosed by PBF secretary, Aamir Hayat Khan Rokri, at a press conference on Wednesday, while outlining the details of the championship.

The secretary said men and women would take part in singles, doubles and mixed doubles events.

"A total cash prize of Rs 200,000 will be distributed among the winners of the main positions," he said.

The secretary, pointed out that the PBF had also decided to hold national championship for U-16 and U-19 during the event to give exposure to the youngsters to show their mettle.

He said the junior level competition would start from March 16 while the seniors would start their campaign from March 19.

Opinion

Editorial

Hardening lines
Updated 22 May, 2026

Hardening lines

Iranian suspicions about Pakistan’s close ties with Washington and Gulf states persist, while Pakistan remains uneasy over Tehran’s growing engagement with India.
Unliveable city
22 May, 2026

Unliveable city

IN Karachi, when it comes to water, it is every man and woman for themselves. A persistent shortage in available...
Glof alert
22 May, 2026

Glof alert

FOR many communities in northern Pakistan, the sound of heavy rain now carries a different meaning. It is no longer...
External woes
Updated 21 May, 2026

External woes

Relying indefinitely on remittances to offset structural economic weaknesses is not sustainable.
Political activity
21 May, 2026

Political activity

THE opposition is astir. There is talk of widespread protests this Friday over a list of dissatisfactions with the...
Seizing hope
21 May, 2026

Seizing hope

ISRAEL’S tyranny knows no bounds. After intercepting the Global Sumud Flotilla that set sail last week, disturbing...