THATTA: Activists of Awami Tehreek Thatta and Sujawal chapters began the three-day long march by taking out processions in different parts of the two districts on Tuesday in protest against unabated settlement of non-natives in the province, usurpation of the rights of indigenous population and Pakistan Peoples Party government’s attempt to tear apart Sindh’s integrity.
The processions held in different areas of both the districts converged on Thatta where the party leaders made speeches to the gathering and said the party aimed to create awareness among people against the conspiracies being hatched by anti-Sindhi forces to deprive the province of its unique culture, resources and integrity.
They said that they wanted people of Sindh to wage a war against all such forces who had brought Sindh’s progress to a halt. A party had been foisted upon Sindh and allowed to plunder its resources but there was no one to ask them about rampant corruption, they said.
AT secretary general Noor Mohammad Katiyar said that bifurcation of Sindh would not be tolerated at any cost.
He noted that reunion of Muttahida Qaumi Movement factions would plunge Sindh back into era of darkness and insurgency. “PPP government has never raised voice for the rights of Sindh because it can push their government into hot waters,” he said.
He said that influential land grabbers under the patronage of provincial government had occupied thousands of acres of land across the province.
Senior AT leader Mitha Khan said that they had launched the long march to wage a struggle for the protection of peoples’ rights and it was their constitutional right.
Published in Dawn, january 4th, 2023































