KARACHI: The Women Action Forum (WAF) on Sunday said that three Baloch women had been abducted allegedly by state agencies in the city.
In a statement issued to the media, the WAF expressed serious concerns over the incident and urged the authorities for their early recovery.
It condemned “the abduction of three Baloch women from Karachi and holds the state of Pakistan responsible for this unconstitutional act”.
“The WAF believes that justice should have a transparent process and that must be free of violence. The WAF extends solidarity with the families and friends of the three Baloch women, and demands that they be allowed to join their families,” the statement said, adding: “No institution should be allowed to undertake high-handed actions.”
The rights group, which has been supporting the rights of all women in Pakistan, said: “The issue of missing person is a national one and not only of the communities/groups that are vulnerable to this practice.”
“It is the responsibility of all civil society groups in Pakistan to pressurise the provincial and federal governments to put an end to this unconstitutional practice,” it said.
Published in Dawn, May 23rd, 2022