GWADAR: Adviser to the Chief Minister for Home Mir Zia Langove has claimed that the government has accepted all demands of those who have launched the Gwadar Ko Haq Do movement.
Speaking at a press conference after meeting the leader of participants of the sit-in on Saturday, he urged Maulana Hidayat-Ur-Rehman to call off his 20-day sit-in as the government had already agreed to resolve all issues.
Mr Langove said the government had already started taking steps to resolve the issues.
He said that action was being taken against illegal trawlers involved in fishing in Balochistan waters. However, he said that it would take time to deal with the mafia involved in this business.
“DG Fisheries is conducting an operation against trawlers. Pakistan Navy and MSA have also been asked about the operation,” the adviser said, adding that border trade had already started after opening the border with Iran.
In reply to a question, Mr Langove said that the decision to send 5,000 police personnel to Gwadar had been taken for maintaining law and order in Gwadar and the government was not in favour of ending the sit-in by force from day one.
Published in Dawn, December 5th, 2021