QUETTA: The family members of an 11-year-old boy and their supporters, who had staged a three-day sit-in in Turbat town, reached the provincial capital on Tuesday along with his body.
The boy was allegedly killed in an exchange of fire during an operation conducted by police in Buleda town of Kech district last week.
The family members called off their sit-in in Turbat and in the form of a big procession left for Quetta the other day along with activists and members of political parties and civil society and after reaching here they staged their sit-in near the Red Zone area where offices of the governor, Chief Minister House and other government offices are located.
The protesters wanted to stage the sit-in, along with the body of the deceased, in front of the Governor and Chief Minister houses, but the local administration did not allow them to enter the Red Zone and blocked the area by putting up barricades and parking lorries and containers and deploying a heavy contingent of police, FC, ATF and Balochistan Constabulary.
The family said that 11-year-old Rameez Baloch was killed when police conducted the raid on the house of Khalil Rind for his arrest and opened fire. They said police took Khalil Rind with them. However, administrations of Buleda and Turbat claimed that police came from Quetta and the boy was killed when his father allegedly opened fire on the raiding party.
Published in Dawn, October 6th, 2021