SWAT: Police here on Friday claimed to have resolved the case of a man who went missing from Qalagey area on August 16, 2020, soon after returning from Saudi Arabia.
According to Kanju police, the wife of Saleh Rehman registered a report on August 16 last year that her husband was kidnapped by Umar Rehman, Bar Rehman, Saeed Khan and Syed Nawab.
“After registering the case, the police started investigation and arrested a suspected person identified as Bakhtawar Khan, a resident of Kanju,” the police said and added that Bakhtawar revealed that he along with Tazeerur Rehman, nephew of the victim Saleh Rehman, took him to Geera mountain on the pretext of searching archaeological artefacts and killed him.
The police said that after killing Saleh the accused buried his body on the mountain top. They said a medical team accompanied by the magistrate visited the spot, recovered the body and handed it to the family.
Malakand division DIG Abdul Ghafoor Afridi has awarded appreciation certificate to the police investigation team for resolving the case.
DRIVE LAUNCHED: Youth in Kalam have launched a campaign to contain the spread of coronavirus.
They distributed masks and sanitizers among people and asked them to follow SOPs to remain safe from the infectious ailment.
The young men collected donations from local politicians and social activists to buy masks. “The third wave of coronavirus is also affecting children and young people. So, we have to follow the SOPs strictly,” said Akhtar Ali, an MPA of youth parliament.
Meanwhile, the residents of Qambar, Bypass and Takhta Band areas have demanded of the district administration to curb one wheeling and speeding by young motorcyclists.
They said a large number of motorcyclists started racing and doing wheelies after iftar and continued the same till late night. Deputy commissioner Junaid Khan, when contacted, said he had directed the police to take action against violators of the traffic rules.
Published in Dawn, May 1st, 2021






























