KARAK: Nine workers sustained burns when roof of a plaster of Paris factory collapsed due to an explosion caused by gas leak in Jatta Ismail Khel area of Banda Daud Shah here on Friday night, police said.
The injured were shifted to the district headquarters hospital.
The police said that the explosion took place due to gas leakage, adding nine passengers received burns.
The rescuers shifted the injured to hospital, wherefrom a few of the seriously injured were referred to a Peshawar hospital.
Sources said the incident occurred due to the carelessness of the factory owner as the workers had informed him about the smell of gas leak, but he took no action to stop the leakage.
Published in Dawn, August 30th, 2020