ISLAMABAD: Thirteen confirmed cases of Covid-19 were reported in the capital on Thursday against 11 cases each on Wednesday and Tuesday.
During the last 24 hours, 3,685 tests were conducted in the city.
Three of the new cases were reported from Bahria Town, two each from Bhara Kahu and Sohan and one each from G-9, G-8, Garden City and Soan Garden.
The District Health Office traced 339 contacts of the 11 confirmed cases reported on Wednesday. Samples were collected from 328 suspects and sent for testing.
All the 11 cases have been home isolated and their 328 contacts have been home quarantined.
The tally of the confirmed cases in the capital has reached 15,425, said officials, adding since the outbreak 231,837 tests were conducted.
Out of the confirmed cases, 14,101 have recovered and 175 died and there are 1,149 active cases in the capital.
Out of the active cases, 17 are kept at seven hospitals. The condition of six patients is stable, seven are on oxygen and four on ventilators.
The other active cases are isolated in their homes.
Rawalpindi
Five patients tested positive while nine others were discharged after recovery from hospitals.
However, 204 suspected patients are waiting for their results from laboratories.
After arrival of the new patients, the number of confirmed cases in the Rawalpindi district increased to 6,615 while 279 people have died and 6,197 others discharged.
Total 139 confirmed patients are under treatment including 89 in four government hospitals and 50 patients isolated in their homes.
The local administration also keeps 241 people on quarantine who had been close contacts of the confirmed patients.
According to data about the Rawalpindi division, 7,966 people tested positive since March – 6,615 in Rawalpindi, 589 in Attock, 475 in Jhelum and 287 in Chakwal.
As many as 7,455 patients were discharged from hospitals in the four districts – 6,197 in Rawalpindi, 548 in Attock, 461 in Jhelum and 249 in Chakwal.
Moreover, 279 people died of the virus in Rawalpindi, 20 in Attock, nine in Jhelum and 37 in Chakwal.
Attock
Another person tested positive in Attock raising the tally in the district to 589.
According to a report issued by the health department, the new case was reported from Attock city.
District focal person for Covid-19 Dr Asif Arbab Niazi said there are 21 active patients across the district out of whom 20 are under home isolation and only one is hospitalised.
Responding to a question, Mr Niazi said there are 5,959 suspected cases in the district. He said results of 1,359 suspected patients were awaited. He said so far 548 positive patients have recovered.
Published in Dawn, August 21st, 2020






























