ISLAMABAD, Aug 31: The Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Senator Pervez Rashid, has said that homework had been done for launching an operation against miscreants in Karachi.
The strategy to restore peace would be finalised with the consensus of all political parties, said the minister while talking to a private news channel.
He said a special meeting of the federal cabinet would be held in Karachi on Tuesday to thrash out a strategy for taking on terrorists in the city.
The information minister said the proposed operation in Karachi would be supervised by the chief minister of Sindh and all federal security agencies would extend their full cooperation to him.
An indiscriminate action will be taken against miscreants, he added.
The minister said the Sindh governor, the chief minister and representatives of law enforcement agencies would attend the cabinet meeting.
In reply to a question, Mr Rashid said the government would utilise all options against criminals and gangsters.—APP