NA 250 – The sham

Published May 11, 2013 02:58pm

290-NA-250-polling-station
NA - 250. Female voters wait patiently for voting to begin. -Photo by Saman Ghani Khan

It’s 5:30 pm . I was supposed to be at work by now with my colleagues, anticipating the result to what was being termed as a “historic” election. Instead I have now returned home after standing for 10 hours in line without being able to vote. It wasn’t as if the line up was too long (which it was, but I was number four in line), it was just that polling hadn’t started in our station yet.

At 7:30 am my family enthusiastically grabbed water bottles and their ID cards and took off to vote. When we got there we were told the staff wasn’t there yet. The voters of NA-250 (Phase IV) passed smirks and smiles shaking their head at the lack of punctuality of the ECP officials. Little did we know the situation would remain the same 10 hours later – but by then, no one was passing around smiles. It was a weird mixture of rage and resilience as the day went by.

We stood firm as news came from family in Lahore and other areas of Karachi that they managed to get inside and vote. We believed our turn would come soon. As I type this, there are hundreds of others still believing that and standing in line to get inside a polling station that has no staff to conduct polls.

Contradictory statements kept coming in all day from the staff inside. First they said there were no ballot boxes present. The crowd was astonished – they thought this would be the biggest setback – no one had any idea at that time that from a required staff of 65 ECP officials, only 12 were present. That number eventually diminished to nine when some of them managed to sneak out from the gate and disappeared, without looking back.

The boxes eventually arrived at 12:30 pm. They were brought in by PTI workers who had a long journey ahead of them. Apparently, the ballot boxes were not being allowed to be taken away from the city courts, and it was these workers who managed to get them through and then went around delivering them in all polling stations of NA-250. Lidless boxes, stamps and ink was passed around from hand to hand in hopes this would lead us to casting our vote soon. It didn’t happen.

The crowd of voters increased hour by hour – hope rose each time someone went in through the gate – perhaps this would be the person who would be responsible for giving us the good news? Each of them came out with sheepish looks of embarrassment and walked away. The policemen stood outside all day long in the heat with us, drenched in their thick uniforms, shrugging at us voters – they were as helpless as we were.

As the heat grew and our faces burned, the elderly started returning to their cars no longer being able to cope. They promised the younger voters that they would return once polling started. The younger lot grew agitated but knew better than to leap on each other – for it seemed as if a provocation was all that was needed to call this a failure.

But now as the evening sets in and results roll across televisions, I wonder if there’s any point returning to my polling station. It didn’t happen within the past 10 hours, will it happen now? Family and friends keep urging us to return and not to give up, but when do you call quits? I went there to cast my vote, not sit at the mercy of forces who won’t allow me my fundamental right. I thought this would be the time of change, of new energy and new hopes.

It’s almost 6:00 pm now, my family member still in line tells me there is still no sign of voting starting yet. The thought of returning to my polling station causes me more dread and disappointment than fatigue – but if polling does open, I might as well return – I survived through the past five years, I’m sure I can fight for another five hours.

The writer is the Deputy Editor at Dawn.com

Shyema Sajjad is a former Dawn staffer.

More From This Author

peace lover
May 11, 2013 02:37pm
people of NA 250 rock !!!
Bong
May 12, 2013 02:45am
PTI & IK will probably be limited to KP. PML - N will probably take over the mantle for forming the Government. Good Luck to them !!
wikash
May 11, 2013 02:47pm
Pakistan needs this young spirit!!!
Aly
May 11, 2013 02:15pm
Salute to your Spirit. Thats all i can say, shame is a small word for people like these, leave it to Allah keep struggling for your rights.
Isfahan Khan
May 11, 2013 02:09pm
keep at it, we're proud of you!
Akhtar
May 12, 2013 11:32am
Thappa mafia. And one of the senior official from ECP talking to Kamran Khan on 10th night said there could be no bogus votes. Where is he now?
Raj
May 12, 2013 11:57am
Where are local pti workers? They should make sure with ec that polling at all the locations should take place.
Ehsan
May 11, 2013 07:14pm
This is just one seat we are talking about. Overall has been a very mature and responsible process. We expect to see some of these irregularities in any developing country, including India.
Secularist
May 12, 2013 12:05pm
There were issues across. NA56 for one, 125, Narowal and only god knows what happened in the Rural Block if Lahore and Karachi weren't even clean with so much media attention. Everyone's sold, the media the polictical acitivists. Thankfully the Pathans dont sell their integrity.
Rashid
May 12, 2013 07:24am
Its really a shame on the ECP and govt. Massive rigging in NA250 on polling stations where polling was somehow held. 95% voters were of PTI.
Mariya
May 12, 2013 07:09am
Shame on the officials really! The country gets its first chance to see a better Pakistan but they still want to be pulled back by the MQMs and PMLs who have failed and sucked the blood from the country for past 20+ years !
Khan
May 12, 2013 07:08am
While the whole Pakistan was fooled in to watch rigging in NA 250 the real Thappa mafia did it work in Punjab and PTI lost in Punjab. Why the media overlooked rigging in lyari,other parts of Karachi and Pakistan.
Shyema Sajjad
May 11, 2013 05:42pm
It wasn't just ladies - there were hundreds of men and women both waiting. ECP did not answer calls and nor did they send staff to investigate.
Akhtar
May 11, 2013 06:41pm
Granted that he was unable to perform his duties genuinely, but what about those responsible for planning. In any operation you have to p;an for eventualities. This was a huge operation and had dire consequences. They should have at least 5% staff in reserve.
Shyema Sajjad
May 11, 2013 05:39pm
Thank you from across the border!
Shyema Sajjad
May 11, 2013 05:35pm
mariam riaz
May 11, 2013 04:36pm
something wierd occured with us as well over here in peshawar but now after reading this article em thanking God that it wasnt the worst thing
Akhtar
May 11, 2013 04:14pm
Who is responsible for preventing you and the other ladies from exercising your rights? I think you should register your experience with ECP and they should take necessary action against the pers/s involved, and the party.
MohammadAli Ghanghro
May 11, 2013 03:48pm
Hang in there, change is already here.
Tarbooz
May 11, 2013 03:52pm
No matter what the result, people NA-250 Karachi, you win, my personal salute to you! I salute your resolve and your conviction, that you WILL vote, no matter what happens! There are still some hurdles in your way, I hope you cross them and cast your vote!
Sarfaraz Sarwar
May 11, 2013 03:53pm
This IS the change which we are saying has arrived...!!! You are obviously better then us living in Gulistan-e-Jauhar, where almost every polling station was forced to put stamp on Kite. My neighbor even fought with the boys inside polling booth where they were trying every voter to show where we have stamped. We vote for change, we vote for Pakistan!
Goedeker
May 11, 2013 03:55pm
Thank you for waiting, its important to cast the vote for your country and a change. Those in power have always sought to make it difficult but everyone that votes in your area today are the reason why Pakistan deserves a better future and better leader. my prayers go out to you all and the police/army that are helping to make this fair. The world IS watching and we DO care, never forget that. God Bless. MG
Haris Khan
May 11, 2013 04:09pm
We respect your opinion Bhav and it feels really good that there is more amongst the people of the sub-continent than just hatred. We hope that who ever wins this election, will work towards the betterment of the bilateral ties of the countries.
sekar
May 12, 2013 03:50am
i think pakistan shud have split the elections for different regions on different dates thats what we do in india and it makes managin irregularities and law and order a little better . i think this elections were poorly planned . having a single day of voting for a big country like pakistan is illogical.anyway my best wishes to pakistani people anbd i tell u we all appreciate ur courage voting amidst all adversities. even indian media was in all praise for pakistanis for the first time i can remember. hoping for abig change in our relation ship
Haris Khan
May 11, 2013 03:37pm
Voters of NA-250 deserve a standing ovation for their determination and untiring commitment to use their right. Just heard that the ECP has declared that polling will be carried again at NA-250. Hope that this time, it will be carried out safely and unbiased since all I can see is that there was one party in strength and all I can conclude is that all the measures were being taken to ensure that supporters dont vote. This is by far the biggest rigging in the history of Pakistan.
Bhav
May 11, 2013 03:10pm
I just can't believe how bad the situation is in Pakistan. This is corruption and poll rigging of the highest order where they don't want you to vote. I can just imagine what Imran Khan and PTI is fighting against...i mean kudos to you but also to the PTI workers for doing the job that the incumbent government is supposed to do. Btw - I want Imran Khan to win and am an Indian.
03217317161
May 11, 2013 02:52pm
I pray, EC announce some other date for elections and conduct fair and transparent elections under effective supervision of army. and give you courage & spirit to cast vote to the right candidates
Wak
May 11, 2013 02:53pm
Salute to the you the people. Don't give up hope just yet. Keep the faith. Bless you guys and everyone who was able to vote.
waqaralam
May 11, 2013 02:56pm
Please continue your struggle for democracy establishment And don't forget to vote for PTI and for Naya Pakistan. Regards,
kharasach
May 11, 2013 02:39pm
party worker distributing ballot box?is this election or joke
abdussamad
May 11, 2013 02:34pm
What kind of a person stays in line for 10 hours?!
raika45
May 11, 2013 02:31pm
For once I thought that elections will be true. Not knowing that is is just one farce. A joke played on the people.Shooting, killing, delayed voting and boycotting of voting areas and voting suspended in troubled areas. Way to go Pakistan.All you need now is the army to walk in.I will not be surprised.
M Iqbal
May 11, 2013 02:28pm
Well done! It is okay. These things happen. Cheer up. Imagine, I am an overseas Pakistani and I cannot even be there. I would stand forever if I knew I could cast my vote.
Ayra
May 11, 2013 02:23pm
I am very disappointed that I kept on waiting for four hours but could not caste my vote, i myself drove all the way 60 km to get to my polling station twice but failed to caste vote. Men's side was very relaxed and comfortable but women were standing in long queue and many were returning home. NA 125 Lahore Cantt.
Irtiza
May 11, 2013 02:05pm
Please go and vote, just heard that voting has started.
Bilal
May 11, 2013 02:05pm
hats off to your and other Karachites for their determination. your determination and patience will definitely pay you off and other people...Best wishes.
Ali
May 12, 2013 12:49am
thanks but you missed one big thing-the people resolve and once a nation has such patience to wait, resolve to stand in line and courage to write it in a well known news paper is what is counted and shows the situation of Pakistan. I salute you NA-250 people.
Syed
May 12, 2013 05:26am
Karachi surely needs a re-poll.
zaid haris
May 12, 2013 04:12am
Yes, I was witness to want actually happened . It was polling station at Model School DHA Phase 4 at Commercial avenue. There was virtually no polling from 8 am to 8 pm . It was so sad to see old people with medical problems standing in queue in heat for hours, There were women standing queue for hours for chance to vote. .Let me say this, I have voted in same polling station previously and there was no such problem at this polling station. Infact there were two gates available for voters convenience in previous polling opportunities. Yesterday on it was historic turnout of voters that I had not witnessed before in this polling station. It was quite evident that pti voters were denied voting opportunity. You can guess which party was involved in it one who claims to represent all of Karachi. If people had been allowed to vote I am pretty sure PTI would have swept to victory at least in this polling station
Akhtar
May 11, 2013 06:19pm
It is a shame. When people with responsibility fail to perform, there should be a system to punish them as well. I read somewhere that the Returning Officer had a heart attack. In a city like Karachi, surely it is not rocket science to have staff on standby. When will our bureaucracy grow up?
Shyema Sajjad
May 11, 2013 06:21pm
I plan to! Many thanks!
Shyema Sajjad
May 11, 2013 06:23pm
That's true - he did have one and was carried out. Once he was taken away for medical help - we were left with no other officer inside the building.
Vikki, Pul Bangash, Purani Dilli
May 11, 2013 11:58pm
Imran Sir, we across the Border need you for Naya Pakistan, we want to strengthen our ties with Pakistanis. God Bless You, Sir. Get well soon and lead your Nation.
sara
May 12, 2013 04:45am
kush bakht shujaat has already stated on her facebook page that she has won from na 250! and you are saying you didnt get to vote? whose votes did she win by?
Muhibullah
May 11, 2013 06:10pm
Some of my acquaintances were turned back from the polling station at P&T colony and told that their votes had already been cast for MQM.
bhujang patil
May 11, 2013 06:05pm
A patriotic one, I guess.
Afridi
May 12, 2013 11:51am
Congratualation Deputy Editer at Dawn. Very well writen personal experience of hope, dispair, anger, & patience, exposing the ugly face of our menatality. As usual the moon of Naya Pakistan is seen in KPK first, and other parts of country will wait for 5 more years. Finaly it was a dreadful act and shameful silence on part of you know of whom.
Parvez
May 12, 2013 08:48am
This NA-250 incident was apparently premeditated and a disgrace for the ECP...........insult to injury was added when they flundered around trying to fix it. It was a clear PTI win and not to accept this shows to what extent the others are willing to go. Possibly the superior courts could intervean to ensure justice is done, because the ECP appear not to have the stomach for confrontation.
ather
May 12, 2013 11:47am
I hope Ecp and media takes a stand on this
ather
May 12, 2013 11:46am
Worst ever rigged elections in Karachi. ECP and media should expose these riggers and should disqualify the party who rigged the elections.
Akhtar
May 12, 2013 11:29am
Totally agree with your comments, except where you say it was a PTI win. In my layman's opinion, I believe Sind High Court should be approached through a petition.
Aisha
May 12, 2013 02:58pm
Fakhruddin sahib is an old man and with all due respect must realize that this was the biggest responsibility god bestowed on him and will ask him on the day of judgement as to why he has kept quite on all these reports of rigging. He must not be afraid of poltical fiorces in this world but should be concerned how he will answer on the day of judgement as to why the youth in this city was misled and deprived.
Shubs
May 12, 2013 04:45pm
I agree!!! While absence of ECP officials and election machinery can be attributed to horrendous mismanagement of perhaps the most crucial event in the affairs of a country, but it is shocking beyond belief to learn that a particular political party was not only handling ballot boxes, but was actively carrying, distributing "lidless" boxes, along with indelible ink! Irrespective of the intentions behind such activities, how can any independent observer worth his salt ever call this a fair election (even if the voting commenced)???
Prashant
May 12, 2013 05:04pm
All I can say is: It will take some time. In india these things used to happen some 40 years ago. Booth capturing violenece, pouring ink in ballot boxes and mismanagement. It took 60 years for India to fix all that. Atleast Pakistan must also need 20 years al least.. Or to speed up the learning how about casting ego aside and learning a lesson or two from Indian election commision. Or for that matter employing T N Session, who turned it around for India.. I think he is still alive..
Indepth
May 12, 2013 06:55pm
and what about Punjab & interior sind why no criticism(of the same scale as in Karachi) towards THE NOORAS,PPPP....., I guess our media and a lot of people are being more than biased towards karachi(opinion).
Bilal
May 12, 2013 06:59pm
yes and whole of Punjab(certainly not easy but not to be overseen).Please don't overlook the issue.
Javid
May 12, 2013 07:20pm
i think Lahore as well.
Kashif Khan
May 12, 2013 09:08pm
Someone tell these PTI guys to stop crying. What happened to the tsunami in Punjab? Not even one seat in Lahore which was supposed to be a sure thing for Imran Khan. Why no accusations there? Why only pick on the MQM? Biggest betrayal for PTI was by Punjab.
AJ
May 12, 2013 09:11pm
Everything is fixed even in India, whoever in the best interest in of America will win the election. You are a 3rd world so is Pakistan and it is not going to change in a next century at least. So, don't think by making a few bombs or writing a few piece of software makes you world leader. The whole region is full of idiots for 1000 of centuries.
Azhar Hussan
May 12, 2013 09:17pm
Here we go again....there is not bias but the truth. The person who holds this city of so called educated has already threatened the country, if they don't like the mandate, Karachi should be separated. What shameful act! For how long you people be held hostage to this anti-state foreigner.
saqib
May 12, 2013 09:51pm
Nothing will change under N Sharif, poverty will fester and Pakistan will rot like fungus
Khan
May 12, 2013 10:36pm
ECP is on the corrupt party's payroll.
paki
May 13, 2013 01:47am
i agree. the way PTI was defeated, the mind boggles. out of millions of supporters of pti didn't bother cast a vote in punjab for him..not even few thoushands?? it was Nawaz's and his gang turn like it was PPP in the last 5yrs. maybe after 10yrs of both parties people will learn to stop supporting them. inshallah.
paki
May 13, 2013 01:49am
the two largest cities of pak karachi and lahore. both were rigged. a relection is a must. or people should do something.
jawad
May 13, 2013 03:46am
Please no aspersions; have faith in Alllah and the system led by the honorable Mr. Fakhruddin. I have glanced thru all the comments and only one is worthy of reading; this is from our friend Prashant. It takes time for the humanity to reform.In India where the education is more wide spread, it took some time for democracy to prosper. Pakistan also needs time, Inshaa Allah soon.
Elvis
May 13, 2013 03:49am
All the voters of NA 250 I salute you for standing up!! Imran we are all with you Enough is enough
surtee
May 13, 2013 04:11am
yes ,why single out Karachi only and also one party.wish our forefathers had not migrated .
M. Ahmed
May 13, 2013 04:12am
Delivery of ballot boxes in Defence was deliberately delayed in order to slow down voting for PTI. When voting started after 5 hours delay, in some stations the polling staff worked as slowly as possible. All this was been done to ensure that majority of voters who wanted to vote for PTI could not vote. Everyone knows MQM was behind this.
imran
May 13, 2013 04:13am
MQM is history now...they way they tried to save thier face by asking its so called workers to do such things.. atleast reaization is there now...guys change has come and Inshallah noone sitting in London can control our Karachi..im also a Mohajir but before that I am Pakistani
farooq mughal
May 13, 2013 04:20am
What happened in NA-125 Lahore was even more shameful. Voting increased from 40% to 60% and most of the new voters were expected to be PTI's, by some unknown mecahnism, all ended up in PML-N ballot box, strange ? Sharif's are kings of "winning" elections, whatever it takes.
Hashmi
May 13, 2013 05:29am
I am agreed on most parts of the article, but have simple question, under what law PTI workers were allowed to bring ballot boxes? Isn't it come under the catagory of rigging?
sif Ali - from Mdagascar
May 13, 2013 05:54am
Congratualation Deputy Editor at Dawn.com. I think media shuld take lead to educate all our fellow countryman. BRAVO...
Khan
May 13, 2013 05:55am
Punjab, interior Sindh and lyari also need a re-poll. Don't make Karachi gunny bag for all the experiments
Khan
May 13, 2013 06:00am
Is DHA only constituency of NA250 few thousand burger class does not represent the whole NA250 what about poor, lower middle and middle class people whose constituency are part of NA250 in their need of time does this burger class bache and aunties come to their help or political party which has root among them? Food for thought over a cup of cappuccino :)
Khan
May 13, 2013 06:02am
Ask those some to go to ECP and file a complain with proof else Pakistanis love conspiracy theories
Khan
May 13, 2013 06:04am
In NA250 it was PTI supporters who were in control of ballot boxes and they delivered it to polling station
Khan
May 13, 2013 06:06am
They are in queue at Mac Donald's :)
Arsalan
May 13, 2013 06:19am
The same scenario at NA 256 for Askari-4 Voters. We waited for 11 hours, were eventually lucky enough to cast our votes! We all should raise our voice & move to roads to enroll our protest!
Atif
May 13, 2013 06:27am
what law you ask? do you even know the law # and what it states.when government failed to provide you use your fundamental right then its up to you to provide the rights.they just brought the boxes they didnt stamped ,unlike other parties where they use fear tactics.brother hashmi wake up.its ur future we are talking about.
Hassan
May 13, 2013 06:29am
And what about NA- 128 .......... I was at the polling station with massive PTI supporters and some PML- N supporters ...... how PTI lost there i cann't believe
sameer
May 13, 2013 06:30am
FYI, PTI has won at least two seats in Lahore
rizwan siddiqui
May 13, 2013 06:42am
Good to see DHA voting, but NA 250 is a constituency of 300,000 registered voters, of which entire DHA and Clifton makes up only 78,000 (26%) voters. Everyone should have the right to vote. Even in NA-253 the ECP staff was late yet we stood and voted for the democratic party that eventually won.
Rehan
May 13, 2013 06:51am
DHA voters were predominantly from PTI, maybe 90-10 ratio in favor of PTI. But what these PTI people are not telling you is that NA-250 is much more than DHA. Out of its 370,000 registered voters, about 100,000 are in DHA area. The other areas include Burns Road, Bizerta Lines, Delhi Colony, etc, which are predominantly MQM areas. So lets be fair and let re-polling be done as already announced by ECP. So while PTI voters in DHA deserve praise for coming out on Election day, this in no way means PTI won. Lets be objective about it. Further, the ECP listened to the request for re-polling on NA-250 areas so whats the issue now? Will the same be done fore Punjab seats?
abasyn
May 13, 2013 07:18am
It's not NA 250 only; whole Karachi was hijacked and at most of the places there was no PTI worker. So who will tell the story of those constituencies?
Ahmar
May 13, 2013 07:27am
Not only in NA-250 but also in other constituencies of Karachi there was mass rigging. Rigging was done by thappa mafia
Khurram
May 13, 2013 07:30am
listen! same happened to my office boy who lives near kala pull. What you have to say about that? His family had 8 votes and all wanted to vote for PTI.
R Singh
May 13, 2013 07:47am
Hats off to the Deputy Editor sahiba and others like her and to Mr Farkhuddin. Respect and love from India. I remember in the last election here, I had to wait for about 15 mins at the station and I had made my displeasure known, to the polling guys.I will remember her, next time I vote in 2014.Thanks
Taimoor
May 13, 2013 08:05am
massive rigging in four constituencies of lahore ..... c the media reports brother
SJ
May 13, 2013 08:09am
Why only pick on MQM? Your party leader wants to detach karachi from pakistan and break arms of other party workers if their mandate is not accepted. It speaks loads of what your party is all about
Abdul rauf Awan
May 13, 2013 08:19am
Let me narrate what happened at Zaheen Academy Block 9 Clifton. I visited the Polling booth at 11: 30 am and people told me that polling has yet to start. I check again at 12:30pm and people said no polling as yet and lot them there as early as 7:30am and could no longer stand in line and opted to leave without vote. I made an attempt again 3:15pm with my family, voting has started at 1:25 pm where Ist vote was casted. Ladies were allowed to go inside while we waited outside in the lines. The Doors were guarded by another party workers who would only allow selected people of their choice, it was till 5-5:30 where we called in Rangers to get rid of these people which Rangers did manage to get them out. Our ladies managed to vote and were out by 7 pm, that too after scuffles at polling booth. Lines moved slow as there was staff of 3 people. We waited in line till 8:00 pm where we managed to talk Presiding officer to extend time till he clears 70-80 people standing in line, first he said that he need to check from EC, later he allowed us inside polling booth apparently to vote but after we all were inside the gate, he declined to let us cast our votes saying that he has closed the ballot boxes and we could not vote any more. Because of go-slow and less time alloted (we should have been given time till 10 pm to compensate for late start ) we could not cast our votes. There were 70-80 who missed voting while lot of other people citing that their turn would not come, left without voting. Plus lot of people had waited enough in the morning and left without voting. I request re-election in Zaheen Academy polling booth, declaring May 11 polling as null and void.And make sure there are not unwanted elements anymore.
azhar
May 13, 2013 08:47am
not be quick in deciding.. I agree realization is there now but change will come only if MQM does not become part of govt. in Sindh and Federal level. For now number of their NA seats are still increasing through some magic, there were 8 yesterday and now 17!
azhar
May 13, 2013 08:49am
biggest cry for Karachi by PTI is by fact that Karachi has more literate and liberal voters than any other part of country where voting is done based on baradri or some bonding.
SleepingPaki
May 13, 2013 09:20am
I wish the same. why not migrate back to where you came from rather then asking for independence for Karachi.
Farooq
May 13, 2013 09:23am
Is it possible that the you cant write or read english. Bottomline is 70,000 or so polling stations has been a massive undertaking for ECP, and given the massive turnout, several polling stations have been a failure.
Farooq
May 13, 2013 09:41am
Irrespective of parties - Ignorance, poverty and greed won. Pakistan lost
Aliya
May 13, 2013 09:45am
Thanks Prashant, it means a lot and encourages us Pakistanis, to have this kind of reassurance from a person who belongs to the biggest democratic nation in the world.
Saadi
May 13, 2013 09:48am
My dear friend, they have also raised allegations for rigging in Punjab. It's just that MQM is a party with no tolerance and opt to act oppressively unlike any other party.
Asad
May 13, 2013 09:53am
@ Khan So whats the point you want to make? the so called burger kids and aunties arent part of election process? The concern is that NA 250 was the only constintuency in Karachi in which there were high hopes of PTI winning, and its the same constintuency in which voting was not allowed. Then, even I who still supports MQM on many issues, reserve the right to cast my doubts over MQM who is fearing loss in this constintuency. Also, I have the right to protest for not letting me vote and I also have the right to protest over the language used by a leader who is not even the citizen of Pakistan, against the peaceful protestors who came with their mother, sisters and children
Aliya
May 13, 2013 09:54am
Imran Khan does not talk about Mohajir, Punjabi, Sindhi, Balochi or Pathan, he talks of NAYA PAKISTAN and for the first time I felt very proud to be with people of other ethnicity voting for Pakistan instead of our own ethnic community.It gave a terrific feeling of unity, which I have not felt in my lifetime.It took us 8 hours to vote but we were all patient, cooperative and helped out elderly and young mothers.It shows that good leadership can bring out the best in all of us.I will cast the vote again at NA -250, no matter what, and Madam Khushbakht will topple from her high horse~!INSHAALLAH