PESHAWAR, Sept 24: Information ministers of the NWFP government went on an indefinite pen-down strike on Monday in protest against the administration’s inaction over cases of promotion.
This announcement was made in a meeting of the Action Committee of the Information Officers Association held at the Media Centre here on Monday. The meeting was attended by assistant directors, information officers, assistant information officers, the Press Secretary to the Chief Minister and the Public Relations Officer to the IGP.
The meeting condemned the continued delaying tactics on the part of bureaucracy with reference to the chief minister’s directives regarding the promotion of information officers, said a press release. The Action Committee maintained that despite a token strike and a vivid ultimatum no clue of the file concerned had been found. It was agreed upon that no press coverage would be given to government functionaries and no advertisements would be released to newspapers.
The officers, while expressing their views, said the chief minister had issued directives regarding the promotion of information officers on August 18, but the file was yet to reach the chief minister’s office.































