NOWSHERA: Seven members of a family, including women and children, suffered burn injuries in an explosion caused by gas leakage in a house at Labour Colony, Amangarh, here on Thursday.
Rescue sources confirmed the incident and said that the room was filled with gas and as a woman, who was there to prepare breakfast for the family, struck a match to light fire it caused explosion.
As a result, seven people, including Mohammad Junaid and Mohammad Noman were seriously burnt. They were taken to Nowshera Medical Complex.
It was stated that the family had forgotten to switch off gas appliance at night during loadshedding and as the supply resumed the gas filled the room. The injured persons were taken to the hospital by a rescue team.
Meanwhile, Cantonment Board, Risalpur, on Thursday started an operation against encroachments in the main Risalpur Bazaar and took different items of shopkeepers into custody which were kept outside the shops.
Published in Dawn, January 3rd, 2020
Dear visitor, the comments section is undergoing an overhaul and will return soon.