Dawn News

March, 05 2015
e-paper

PARIS, Dec 11: Lance Armstrong has been notified by the UCI that he has been stripped of all the titles he won after July 1998 and the American has three weeks to appeal, a spokesman for cycling’s world governing body said on Monday.

“Lance Armstrong’s lawyer was notified on 6th December that all his results since 1st August 1998 were nullified. He has 21 days to appeal (from that date),” the International Cycling Union’s Enrico Carpani said.

The 41-year-old Armstrong had his seven Tour de France victories scratched from the records and was banned from cycling for life in October after the UCI ratified the United States Anti-Doping Agency’s (USADA) sanctions against him.

USADA published a report that said the now-retired rider had been involved in the “most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen.” —Reuters


Email news tips and feedback to News Desk, submit blogs to Blog Desk and share photos and Videos with Special Projects Desk.

More From This Section

Comments (0) Closed