Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf Chief Imran Khan

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan said on Tuesday that if his party fails to gain majority in the general elections, it would sit in the opposition, DawnNews reported.

Speaking to media representatives at the ‘kid’s summer festival’, Khan said that the people in the care-taker set-up should be impartial. All parties should be consulted in this regard, he added.

The PTI chairman said that his party was ready for the elections and it would nominate the contestants in every constituency of the country.

Moreover, he said that he would not make alliance with any party that was sitting in the assemblies; however, negotiations are in process with other parties.

He said that the coalition partners of the government should be held equally responsible for the plight of the country.

The PTI Chief demanded the government to publish the names of the people who have been killed in the US drone strikes. Adding that, his party wants an end to the ‘war on terror’.

He announced to go and hold a rally in Waziristan on Sep 23.

Updated Jul 17, 2012 02:17pm

Not Pleasant..
Jul 17, 2012 05:48pm
Then pleasant you should run for office and totally change everything cause it seems by your comments that you have all the answers and solutions, and heck you even know what a lota is.. So form a political party and run for elections we would love to see people like you run the country and not a man like Imran who accepts lota's in his party.. My vote goes to Pleasant...... Let's vote for Pleasant he has all the answers he's our God given gift to Humanity
Ahmed
Jul 17, 2012 02:27pm
I hope PTI gets majority vote. May Allah help Pakistan
TANVIR AHMAD ZIAI
Jul 17, 2012 06:33pm
PTI and PML-N had a golden chance to weigh their popularity in the upcoming elections in NA-151, Multan on 19 July,2012. It is obvious that these parties are afraid of their defeat. Making tall claims and criticising others is easy.I desire to give a reference of Tapati Bhaumak's verse from her poem, "See what is wrong in you and work towards perfection..............Instead of seeing fault in others' action". Imran Khan should not be so happy about his self praised popularity. General elections are quite ahead, let us see what comes out.
Moon
Jul 17, 2012 03:45pm
you r absolutely wrong. they not defected on policies but only bcz they were not given choice portfolios or were ignored or were not hope to have a chance of contest while in that party.
dilawer
Jul 17, 2012 03:43pm
And, I thought that the great minds always think for nothing less than success but ready to accept the fate. Imran, you need to have 150% confidence that nothing can stop you to win the mandate of the majority. The people you surrounded by your choice are telling you pessimistic stories. The very people who could not cut it in their own parties are not the type A else then would have made their own place in that fold. The road to success is by believing in yourself and barging ahead without thinking anything else but win.
Ahsan
Jul 17, 2012 08:09pm
Moon and Pleasant you may be right, but tell me who would you vote for rather? you have seen ppp, pml-n,qs and others...what has happened to Pakistan did not happen in 2 years or one election term it had been a slow decaying process in which all established parties had their fair share (army included). Simply put as Javed said why are you not ready to give Khan a chance? as for moon yeah maybe the portfolios and ignorance be the reason but I would much rather vote for a party of jackals led by a Lion rather than a party of lions led by a Jackal. I hope you understand where I am going with this...
usman
Jul 17, 2012 05:37pm
May Allah help Imran Khan, I am with Imran Khan
Irfan Brohi
Jul 17, 2012 05:13pm
Mr. Tsunami Singh, better book your seat on opposition benches now. Majority - in your dreams only.
Zia from USA
Jul 17, 2012 05:14pm
Which parties is the great Khan referring to that he is in negotiations with that are not in the assemblies? The Jamaat i Islami? God help us! When has the Jamaat ever done anything for Pakistan? Nothing but trouble makers.They should confine themselves to preaching in the mosques and trading bakray ki khaal at eid. What do the great Khan and Jamaat have in common other than opposition to the drone strikes? The great Khan should have some more substance to his policies than just this shallow approach.
Mustafa Razavi
Jul 17, 2012 03:40pm
Imran Khan without any doubt is the most popular leader in Pakistan, however the seat-calculus is still against him. The bottom line is that a quarter of PML-N supports in Punjab would have to switch sides for him to win. A lot of hard work ahead. The deep state of the status quo is fully mobilized against him, I see that the first comment on this article is as old as the article itself and it is pro-corruption.
husain
Jul 17, 2012 03:38pm
Agreed. You've worked as hard as a human being can. Lets see what Gods will is. You did all one can for his country and no matter you win or lose, its impact will be there for years to come InshAllah.
pleasant
Jul 17, 2012 03:39pm
Javed, you have simply given an answer that every lota would give. Don't build your hopes on a person who will make corruption from society within three months.... with used cards... all the so-called brave according to you are tried and tested.... don't build your hopes..... Nawaz Sahrif's 'kashkol todo' (break the begging bowls) is an example.....
Nauman Iqbal
Jul 18, 2012 04:38pm
Dear All, Just need to remember one thing, we've tested out everyone. Its time for a change now. Please vote and vote PTI.
Agha Ata
Jul 17, 2012 05:04pm
I always liked Khan, but never thought of Tsunami sitting on the opposition benches. :(
Nasir Mahmood
Jul 17, 2012 04:44pm
Politics is not a cricket field Khan Sahab, you need to change your habit of arrogance.
imtiaz
Jul 17, 2012 04:41pm
Imran know well how to get his team to preform well . Anyone who thinks otherwise is obviously a established, failed and tested parties hawk.
Tahir Ali
Jul 17, 2012 04:21pm
I agree with all the above comments, Though I am not a very active member/worker of PTI but even than support Imran Khan for his leadership. But honestly at the same time I have a fear in my mind that the way Imran has shown us a light of hope by his views that he would change the entire setup by creating/establishing a good governce specially uprooting the corruption from the country. I fear if he fails or if he becomes like other leaders have become after coming into power. I fear truely.
Irfan Butt
Jul 17, 2012 02:42pm
Insha Allah - Umeed par dunya qaim hai!
Noor
Jul 17, 2012 02:37pm
I support your views.
Waqas
Jul 17, 2012 04:24pm
Lets see what they do with us:( hope for the best
M. Khan
Jul 17, 2012 03:08pm
every youth in Pakistan boys and girls must vote to save this country
Optimistic Pakistani
Jul 17, 2012 03:52pm
I second Jawed. All the parties have had their chances and each time their corruption simply beat all the previous records. One thing I can surely say is that Imran's name has never come up in corruption during his playing days and YES gambling on cricket still took place during those days. With limited resources, he built the cancer hospitals for all to see. I mean it takes a lot more to build a cancer hospital from nothing then giving away Yellow Taxis and Tractors from government funds. Yes there are people in his party whom you call Lotas, but bhai jaan how else could PTI ever come to power ? a party needs experience else it would end up like the past parties created by Aslam Baig n ex presidents etc. So, I encourage you all to consider PTI with an open mind and Inshallah Pakistan's future would be bright else...we all know we are spiralling down fast the bottom less pitt. :(
desi
Jul 17, 2012 03:52pm
As I sit outside looking in and read all about all the government is not doing and how the public is fed up,I wait for the elections and see how the public will respond.One would think that PPP and PML-N are going down but thats not the reality is it?people always kick and scream and at the end,same people are elected,same agenda,same results.No wonder the governments don't last but couple of years yet we blame the dictators for seeing an opportunity to come in and take over(which I'm totally against) .This is the true test for the people of Pakistan.Considering everything,PPP and PML-N are still very strong,WHY????? Its no ones fault but ours as people of Pakistan.Make your vote count instead of just talking loud saying nothing like your politicians.If you want PTI to come to power,show up on vote day.I'm not sure PTI is the answer but atleast Khan is not a born politician and his mentality is not like one,even though I think his ideas are far fetched and unrealistic in some capacity.Imran Khan will have to get more especific in coming up with solutions.
Fawad Khan
Jul 17, 2012 03:48pm
Now that's a politician talking xD xD.... Way to gooooooo Tsunamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :-p
Jawwad
Jul 17, 2012 03:46pm
Fully support Khan in thick and thin.
Rehan Akbar
Jul 17, 2012 03:45pm
IK is the way to go !!! Jaag raha hai Pakistan.
pleasant
Jul 17, 2012 02:32pm
With all the lotas under your fold, do you feel battle is lost already, great Khan?
Javed
Jul 17, 2012 03:17pm
I would say they are not lotas.They are popular candidates.They had high standing in the ruling parites but they differed with thier selfish policies,hence they bravely parted and joined great Khan.When all the crooks have been tried,do we have a choice but to try a new leader?We'll deal with the PTI later if they do not come upto our expectations but give them a chance.
Tariq Cheema-Canada
Jul 17, 2012 02:57pm
Hopfully people will realize for real change and help PTI
Muhammad Ahmed Mufti
Jul 17, 2012 04:50pm
PTI can sweep the elections if these are held fair. With arms proliferation and resulting lawlessness elections cannot and will not be fair. PPP, ANP, MQM will retain their seats by excercising unfair means. PMLN may lose its few urban seats to PTI.
Muhammad Alvi
Jul 17, 2012 10:19pm
I don't see any arrogance on the part of Imran Khan. He sounds very honest and sincere to me.
Muhammad Alvi
Jul 17, 2012 10:22pm
Irfan Brohi, you should be ashamed of your indecent comments. It is the naive people like you who are responsible for the present situation in Pakistan.
Muhammad Alvi
Jul 17, 2012 10:24pm
I agree fully.
AsimCO
Jul 17, 2012 11:05pm
It takes time to change a single habit of one person. Here we are talking of changing a serious off-course nation. Dont expect miracles overnight. Be patient and understand the intensity of work laid out for him. He at least intends well and has proven his sincerity.
mohsin meghani
Jul 17, 2012 11:16pm
It means the tsunami and long march will continue in the next five years.
PoWow
Jul 18, 2012 01:00am
I do not think he will win any seat to sit in the assembly! Even lotas like SMQ will lose miserably this time around. So reality is sinking in now. I am sure he must be missing his dead master i.e. Late Pasha Jee.
Omar
Jul 18, 2012 01:55am
PPP, PML(all factions),MQM have been in power repeatedly . These parties are the reason for Pakistans misery. They are ALL corrupt and one of them is militant and bhatta khor with blood of tens of thousands of citizenson their hands.PTI is the only party which we should vote for and lets see if they can deliver.I say let's give them a chance.
Sadruddin Mitha
Jul 18, 2012 02:03am
I like him as a person, as a politician he has not shown any muscle that he can get rid of the problems. He has no experience what so ever in politics besides speeches. even without being in Govt he can solve many issues. He can insist upon government to stop Nato supplies with his Sunami, then I will believe him people are with him. Only if he can get Pakistan out of US trap with his Sunami, He will be doing a great favor to 180 million hapless Pakistanis. I see no scope for him in politics, He takes fight with everyone, this does not happen in politics, doors are always open and flexibility is thy name, politics, He is too rigid, over confident, and has no bank vote in rural Pakistan. only those who talk politics on breakfast tables are his followers. they never stand in Q to vote. so I have little hope he can make it.
masuma
Jul 18, 2012 03:01am
I AM PRAYING FOR HIS SUCCESS AND SAFETY INSHAALLAH IF THERE IS A FREE AND FAIR ELCTION HE WILL WIN A LANDSLIDE
aku
Jul 18, 2012 06:10am
Khan sahib is becoming more pragmatic now. But he better be careful, we don't need too much of this pragmatism to repair the poor state of affairs in the country. It needs a strong force, a tsunami. I wish him best of luck!