Turbat DC suspended

Published Jul 08, 2012 04:03am

QUETTA, July 7: The Balochistan government suspended on Saturday Turbat Deputy Commissioner Aslam Tareen following the killing of 18 people by gunmen at a roadside restaurant on Friday night, official sources said.

An inquiry into the killings has been ordered by the authorities concerned.

Levies Force officials said the bodies of the victims had been dispatched to Karachi.

Only two of the deceased were identified — Fayaz Ahmed and Mohammad Shiraz. The identity of rest of them could not be ascertained because they did not posses legal documents and wanted to enter Iran illegally.—APP


Do you have information you wish to share with Dawn.com? You can email our News Desk to share news tips, reports and general feedback. You can also email the Blog Desk if you have an opinion or narrative to share, or reach out to the Special Projects Desk to send us your Photos, or Videos.

More From This Section

Comments (0) (Closed)