Brussels, Wed Jul 17, 2013- European Union regulators have asked Google to offer more concessions to allay concerns that it is blocking competitors in web search results, the EU's antitrust chief said on Wednesday.

The world's most popular search engine submitted its proposal to the European Commission in April to end a three-year investigation. The EU competition regulator later sought feedback from Google's rivals and third parties.

"After an analysis of the market test that was concluded on June 27, I concluded that the proposals that Google sent to us are not enough to overcome our concerns," European Competition Commissioner Joaquin Almunia told a news conference.

"In this sense, I wrote a letter to Google, to Mr Schmidt (Google's executive chairman), asking Google to present better proposals, to improve its proposal," he said.

More From This Section

Erdogan challenges social media in top Turkish court

The Twitter block was lifted earlier this month after the court ruled that it breached freedom of expression.

Health care site flagged in heartbleed review

Password change recommended following a review of the government's vulnerability to Heartbleed Internet security flaw.

White House updating online privacy policy

A new privacy policy explains how the government will gather the user data of online visitors to WhiteHouse.gov

Facebook rolls out location-sharing feature

The feature must be turned on by the user, so people shouldn't expect to broadcast their location unknowingly.


Comments are closed.
Explore: Indian elections 2014
Explore: Indian elections 2014
How much do you know about Indian Elections?
How much do you know about Indian Elections?
Poll
From The Newspaper
Tweets