ISLAMABAD: A joint meeting of the district administration and police was held to ensure peace and security arrangements in Islamabad in line with the direction of Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi.

On the direction of the interior minister, a comprehensive strategy to make Islamabad the safest city will be implemented within seven days.

Inspector General of Islamabad Police Syed Ali Nasir Rizvi said the monitoring system on the entry and exit routes of the capital will be further strengthened.

The meeting reviewed arrangements made to further improve the law and order situation and prevent crime in the city. The IG said protecting the lives, property and honour of citizens was the top priority and the police were working day and night to ensure this.

Mechanism devised to monitor entry and exit points at main highways and sectors, joint meeting informed

He said security will be enhanced across the city, including the Diplomatic Enclave and Red Zone. Mr Rizvi said Islamabad Safe City had been established according to modern requirements and highest standards.

A mechanism has been devised to monitor the entry and exit points at main highways, marakiz and sectors through the Safe City cameras and modern technology, he said, adding timely actions were being taken to prevent terrorism and against criminal elements.

Modern technology is being utilised to make the capital a crime-free city, he said.

It was decided in the meeting that individuals involved in suspicious activities will be closely monitored and their complete data will be compiled. The meeting was informed that a door-to-door survey in urban areas had been completed, while a similar survey in rural areas will be completed soon.

Besides, on the direction of the interior minister, a comprehensive strategy to make Islamabad the safest city will be implemented within seven days.

Special surveillance of entry and exit routes will be enhanced along with increased patrolling across the city. Similarly, the entry and exit routes of the city will be protected and monitored with modern technology-based CCTV cameras.

Moreover, effective coordination with all relevant departments would be enhanced to further improve security. All available resources and technology will be utilised to ensure the protection of citizens, their property and their honour at all costs.

Meanwhile, the district administration has decided to take strict action against people driving taxies and online riding motorcycles without registration in Islamabad. Formal registration will start from Tuesday (today).

Registration of all unregistered vehicles and motorcycles of online services will be done under digital automation. In this regard, additional deputy commissioner east will contact the CEOs of the cab services.

Islamabad police will also have access to all the data on the registration app. After registration, it will be mandatory for the driver to upload the passenger details on the app.

The driver will not be allowed to take the ride without registering the passenger’s identity card number. Besides, Islamabad Transport Authority was asked for a crackdown on unregistered bykea operators.

Published in Dawn, February 10th, 2026