DAWN.COM

Today's Paper | May 20, 2026

Published 17 Jan, 2024 07:05am

DIG murder case FIR cancelled, court told

LAHORE: The suspects in the murder of DIG Shariq Jamal on Tuesday withdrew their pre-arrest bail petitions after a sessions court admitted a police report for cancellation of the FIR.

Nishtar Colony police submitted a report, through an additional district public prosecutor, recommending cancellation of the case on the basis of investigation. It said the police officer died of natural causes.

The lawyers for the suspects, including Imran Junaid, Adeel Haider, Samiullah Khan Niazi, Shoaib Arshad and Muhammad Sagheer, sought permission from the court to withdraw the bail petitions of their clients.

Additional District and Sessions Judge Khalid Rehman allowed the permission and dismissed the petitions as withdrawn.

A daughter of Shariq Jamal had lodged the FIR against the suspects. He was found dead in his DHA apartment last year.

Published in Dawn, January 17th, 2024

Read Comments

ISPR takes exception after Indian army chief says Pakistan should decide between being 'part of geography' or not Next Story