DAWN.COM

Today's Paper | May 20, 2026

Published 23 Jan, 2006 12:00am

MMA men to reach Lahore to stop race

FAISALABAD, Jan 22: Hundreds of activists and workers of the Mutahidda Majlis-i-Amal will reach Lahore on Jan 29 to stop the mixed marathon by force. At a press conference here on Sunday, MMA district president Sardar Zafar Husain, city president Obaidullah Gormani and other leaders said the rulers were implementing the agenda of anti-Islam forces just to prolong their unconstitutional rule in the country.

They alleged obscenity and vulgarity were being spread in society through a calculated move by using the media and other forums.

They said the MMA leadership had already announced that it would stop the marathon by force for which the workers from other cities and towns would reach Lahore on Jan 29.

They said the Bajaur Agency incident was a stigma on the face of the rulers, and the statement of information minister Sheikh Rashid on the subject was uncalled for and condemnable.

They urged the government to withdraw its plan of holding the marathon otherwise the entire responsibility would be rest with the rulers.

Read Comments

ISPR takes exception after Indian army chief says Pakistan should decide between being 'part of geography' or not Next Story