DAWN.COM

Today's Paper | May 20, 2026

Published 31 Jan, 2021 07:04am

Covid claims 35 more lives in Punjab

LAHORE: The coronavirus claimed 35 more lives in both the public and private sector health facilities in Punjab during the last 24 hours, taking the death toll to 4,716 so far.

Most deaths took place in Lahore where the total number of casualties due to the Covid-19 has reached 1,871.

Meanwhile, the total number of positive cases in Punjab reached 156,928 after 524 more people tested positive for the virus during the last 24 hours.

A spokesperson for the health department said 141,991 patients of the virus had recovered from the disease across the province.

He said most of the new positive cases and deaths continued to surface from major cities of Punjab, particularly Lahore, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad and Multan.

According to Saturday’s update, out of total new confirmed cases, 330 were reported from Lahore where the total number of confirmed cases reached 79,251.

Other cases were reported from Rawalpindi, Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Multan, Rahim Yar Khan, Khanewal, Nankana Sahib, Bahawalnagar, Khushab, Layyah, Sheikhupura, Narowal, Gujrat, Kasur, Okara, Hafizabad, Lodhran, Jhelum, Mianwali, Mandi Bahauddin, Jhang, Bhakkar, Sargodha, Sahiwal, Sialkot, Chiniot and Muzaffargarh.

Published in Dawn, January 31st, 2021

Read Comments

ISPR takes exception after Indian army chief says Pakistan should decide between being 'part of geography' or not Next Story