NEW DELHI: The Indian Supreme Court dismissed on Friday the review petition filed by Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt against his sentencing earlier by the court in a case pertaining to the 1993 Mumbai blasts, DawnNews reported.

Dutt was also ordered to appear in court on May 18.

India’s Supreme Court had sentenced popular film actor Sanjay Dutt on March 21 this year to a five-year prison term.

The popular star said he would not be seeking pardon and would surrender to police forces after completing his pending films.

Earlier, Dutt was sentenced on July 31, 2007 to six years in jail for illegal weapons possession acquired from terrorist acquaintances, who were responsible for the 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts. He was, however, acquitted.

More From This Section

Modi critics told to go to Pakistan after polls

New Delhi: Narendra Modi used to call Gujarat’s Muslims Mian Musharraf. On Saturday, his electoral candidate from...

First bodies pulled from submerged Korean ferry

The coastguard officials said that 16 bodies had been removed from the ship.

Russia warns US against further sanctions as Ukraine deal stalls

Russia said its military is massed on Ukraine's doorstep and warned against further US sanctions.

Drone kills 15 'Qaeda', three civilians in Yemen: security

The strike killed 15 Al Qaeda suspects and three civilians in Yemen's central Baida province.


Comments are closed.
Explore: Indian elections 2014
Explore: Indian elections 2014
How much do you know about Indian Elections?
How much do you know about Indian Elections?
Poll
From The Newspaper
Tweets