DAWN.COM

Today's Paper | May 20, 2026

Published 07 Jan, 2021 06:07am

5 accused in Satti’s murder remanded

ISLAMABAD: An anti-terrorism court on Wednesday handed over custody of five officials of Islamabad’s Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) to police for seven days in the Osama Satti murder case.

The investigation officer was seeking 12 days physical remand for the accused persons, however, ATC Judge Raja Jawad Abbas Hassan extended it for a week and directed police to produce them before the court next week. He also informed the court that weapons used in the incident have been recovered along with empty bullets.

He said that a joint investigation team had been set up to probe the incident.

Responding to a query from the court, he said five bullets hit Satti from the back and one from the front. When the judge asked, whether bullet marks were found on the ill-fated car’s seats, the officer replied that he did not notice that and had not taken photographs of the crime scene.

The judge expressed displeasure on his response. He then inquired from the accused about the incident, who said Assistant Sub Inspector Saleem routed a message about a robbery in the jurisdiction of Shams Colony police station.

“It was said that a white car entered Srinagar Highway in which four alleged dacoits were onboard,” the accused said, adding that they followed Satti’s car and signalled him to stop but he tried to flee, which led them to open fire.

The judge asked them if someone had fired them from the car to which the accused said no.

Published in Dawn, January 7th, 2021

Read Comments

ISPR takes exception after Indian army chief says Pakistan should decide between being 'part of geography' or not Next Story