ISLAMABAD: Federal Government Employees Housing Authority (FGEHA) on Monday assured a parliamentary panel that both housing schemes launched in Bhara Kahu area would be completed in two years time.
The authority was giving a detailed briefing to the subcommittee of the National Assembly Standing Committee on Housing and Works on various projects launched by it.
The committee met here at FGEHA headquarters with Iqbal Mohammad Ali Khan in the chair.
The subcommittee was assured by Director General FGEHA Waseem Hayat Bajwa that all hurdles to Green Enclave I and II had been removed and construction work was in progress.
He said the contractor would complete the work in two years.
The authority gives a detailed briefing to NA subcommittee on various projects launched by it
He, however, told the committee that cost of the project of Green Enclave I has been increased from Rs2.98 billion to Rs5.558 billion.
The committee was told that now the FGEHA will charge new rate from allottees.
When chair asked how the burden can be shifted to the allottee, he said the increase in rate was reasonable and so far, no complaint had been received in this regard.
The scheme was launched in 2009, but because of litigation and dispute between government and contractor, the project could not move forward.
Meanwhile, in 2019, the FGEHA launched another scheme through joint venture with Sky Garden. The Authority DG told the meeting that this scheme would be developed in two phases and during the first phase, plots will be carved out on 6,000 kanal.
He said that 6,000 kanal had already been mutated in the name of the authority. A working paper presented before the committee read: “[Initial] development work started, access to site already completed. Layout Plan is in final stage and initial allotment would be done in 30-45 days.” Proper development work will be started in two-month time and will be ready for possession in one year time.
Meanwhile, while briefing to committee about Thalian project, the secretary housing Dr Imran Zeb Khan said this project was started without completing the prerequisite. He, however, said that FGEHA has been making progress in resolving issues related to this scheme.
The committee was also briefed about F-14 and F-15 schemes as DG FGEHA told the committee that the decision about the fate of these schemes has been reserved by the Supreme Court.
He said that FGEHA on its part had completed all arrangements and if the apex court announces its judgment in favour of the authority, it will start taking possession of land after compensating the landholders in the said sectors.
Later on, the committee was briefed by various apartments projects being launched under Naya Pakistan Housing Programme.
The meeting was attended by MNAs Seema Mohiuddin Jameeli, Syed Samiul Hassan Gillani and Abid Hussain Bhayo.
Published in Dawn, February 25th, 2020
