01 August, 2014 / Shawwal 4, 1435

Ayaz Amir pledges support to PTI

Published Apr 20, 2013 12:01pm

ayaz_amir_670
Ayaz Amir. — File Photo

CHAKWAL: After the denial of ticket to the former Member of National Assembly Ayaz Amir by the Pakistan Muslim League-N, the politician has decided to support the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf in the upcoming elections.

“I, along with my friends, will support the PTI in every possible way,” a content Ayaz Amir declared in a press conference held at his residence on Friday.

Ayaz Amir’s close political friends such as Chaudhry Khaliq, Chaudhry Tahir Iqbal, Advocate Chaudhry Sajid Ali Beg and Advocate Chaudhry Ashfaq Kahoot were also present at the occasion.

“Let me make it clear. We are not going to join the PTI; we will simply support the candidates of PTI in every constituency of Chakwal,” he maintained.

The rebellion came after the PML-N preferred Major (retired) Tahir Iqbal over Ayaz Amir in NA 60, Taxila.

“The issue of ticket has created a new situation,” Ayaz Amir said, recalling that he had supported the PML-N in difficult times (2002 elections) when those who ruled Chakwal (from 1985 to 1997) on the PML-N ticket had joined Musharraf.

“We not only saved the name of PML-N in Chakwal, but also helped it gain influence in the district. I got record high votes in 2008 from across the province, but this time the ticket has been given to those who opposed PML-N in 2002,” he said.

Mr Amir was referring to Lt Gen (retired) Abdul Majeed Malik, a five time MNA from the PML-N ticket who had defected to the PML-Q during the Musharraf era. Mr Malik’s nephew, Major (retired) Tahir Iqbal, had served as a federal minister in the cabinet of Shaukat Aziz, but in 2008, Mr. Malik had rejoined the PML-N.

His support to the party had led to the historic victory of Ayaz Amir in NA-60, who bagged the largest number of votes in the Punjab by securing 125,437 votes.

“We could not support one side (the Sardar Ghulam Abbas Group), and were removed from the second (the PML-N). Hence, after deliberation, we decided to chose the third party that has emerged in the country for the past two years,” Ayaz Amir said.

He claimed he had wanted to quit the PML-N a year ago, but could not do so due to the pressure of his political friends in Chakwal.

“I was not the aspirant of a ticket; I was fed up of the party. I have taken a sigh of relief for being denied the ticket,” Ayaz Amir said, adding that he had been driven into politics by his friends who believed the politics in Chakwal would be one-sided if he had not come forward.

“We have strong will power and will try our best to accomplish our goals by supporting the PTI,” he said.

Ayaz Amir said that for the past four days, several leaders had tried to contact him but he had not even talked to them.

“I have not talked to any member of the PTI,” he said, “but we would fully support the PTI from Chakwal to Ta

lagang.”

Ajay New York
Apr 21, 2013 11:51am
I as a foreigner should not comment on internal politics of Pakistan. However if a way can be found for Mr. Ayaz Amir to resume his column in Dawn I would LOVE that! Reading them was a joy!
Tahir
Apr 21, 2013 11:32am
I come from Chakwal . I have been reading Ayaz Amir's columns for the last 10 years. I never miss his Friday column but unfortunately at constituency level people are disappointed with his performance. Some how to people of Chakwal he doesn't come across as politician material. Please donot forget 80% of his constituency is rural. If you want to understand what rural politics is, please read Cyril Almeada's column ' Notes from central punjab' in todays Dawn which is spot on.
Shan
Apr 21, 2013 10:40pm
Ayaz Mir is a true face of our politician, politics is business.
Raja
Apr 21, 2013 08:12am
Ayaz Amir has made a smart move, he should join PTI a revolutionary party. Nawaz Sharif is a selfish man who only thinks of himself and his family members' interest.
Nazir K Ali
Apr 21, 2013 08:13am
An intellectual of Ayaz Amir's caliber has goofed up in a grand way. Is this an emotive response, Ayaz? This is the second time he has left the PMLN and the first time he has joined another party. He can guide policies without seeking to be an MNA or MPA and must remember to share his knowledge with practical solutions to lift PTI even higher. Go for it Ayaz but do not become selfish for a position or seat. Salams
SHAFIQ KHAN
Apr 21, 2013 08:12am
Good decision by Ayaz Amir. Wish you all the best. You are a gem, you will be a credit to whatever group you chose to join. I don't have a vote as I live in the UK, but have unreserved admiration for your moral compus. Shafiq
Arshad
Apr 21, 2013 10:52am
Mr. Amir, You do not have any ethics. if you receive ticket from PML (N) then you will not have any differences with PML (N). You should not file your papers, if you are not happy with Mr. Nawaz Sharif. Arshad From Seoul
Mansoor Ali\
Apr 21, 2013 05:27pm
Well Done Sir. You aren't PML - N type material. Trust me, you made the right choice.
iqbal
Apr 21, 2013 10:35am
beware of him PTI
Real Pakistani
Apr 21, 2013 01:28pm
Ayaz Amir acting like numerous other lotas who change party affiliations when they fail to get party tickets.
Agha Ata (USA)
Apr 21, 2013 01:15pm
Please Mr. Ayaz Amir, start writing again in dawn. Your readers miss your articles.
akhter husain
Apr 21, 2013 07:58am
To be a successful politician one does not need to be sagacious and righteous,which Mr Ayaz has proved time and again that he is not a politician.as such.In Pakistan or may be elsewhere,the politics is the game of those who know nothing but loot,plunder and personal loyalties.The foundation of PML(N) is based upon intrigues,conspiracies and money.Principles stand no chances with the gang of slave mentality,whose sole objective is POWER.It is good that Mr Ayaz will not be with them any more..
Eli
Apr 21, 2013 01:51pm
I could never understand why I person like Ayaz Mir was with PML(N) in the first place...
Cynic
Apr 20, 2013 08:41am
Balay balay Ayaz Amira, jeenda rah. Right decision wrong reason.
asif siddiqui
Apr 20, 2013 08:50am
Mr.Ayaz Amir I was an ardent reader of your column in the leading English daily "Dawn". I have always thought of you as educated person with a good sense of reasoning.As such your supporting Nawaz Shareef of all the people came as a rude shook. There is simply no chemistry between you and him. Now that you have done the right thing by getting yourselfs rid of him please play your rightful part in the coming elections which would be a make break for Pakistan
Shaheen
Apr 20, 2013 08:52am
Please support the party who is good for the general public and loyal to country. I wish all the people of Pakistan, for better, prosperous Pakistan.
Falcon
Apr 20, 2013 08:53am
Certainly a great news for PTI...he didn't fit in PMLN anyways
Imran
Apr 20, 2013 08:53am
An intellect like Ayaz Amir never belonged in PML-N. I was always baffled to see him defend corrupt leaders of PML-N on talk shows whereas in the past I have read a lot of his articles and found him to be a very sensible man. Better late than Never. Dont just support PTI now. You should join PTI and make a difference!!!!
Farhan
Apr 20, 2013 08:56am
A mistake by PML-N, he was one of their better leaders
Bilal
Apr 20, 2013 08:58am
Ayaz is really an honest person and from so long I was thinking hoe he is with PML-N. there was no match between two. Anyhow, good and fair decision by him in the end.
Ali
Apr 20, 2013 08:59am
What a loss to PML-N, once again due to Chaudhry Nisar's dictatorial mind. Well done Nisar,make sure you ruin PML-N and bring back all the lotsa just because they become your Yes man today but tomorrow they all run away and join another PML-Q
sikander mirza
Apr 20, 2013 09:07am
right decision by Ayaz Amir, it is now a fashion PML N to give tickets to lotas
nisar
Apr 20, 2013 09:19am
poor display of character and loyalty by intellectual like ayaz amir just because he has been denied party ticket.
Future
Apr 20, 2013 09:20am
Good decision. PLMN does not need intellectual people like Ayaz. He should not have joined the PLMN. People like Majid malik suits PLMN because they are yes man. The days of PLMN are numbered.
ubaid khan
Apr 20, 2013 09:28am
Ayaz Amir not just a politician ,is also great mind.PML-N realy loose great man and shows the mentality of PML-N.
M. J. Khan
Apr 20, 2013 09:36am
Excellent, though a little late decision but to compansate for it, please support PTI whole heartedly so that we see this party succeed to bring the much needed CHANGE.
Muhammad Zafar Ullah
Apr 20, 2013 09:42am
He was one of the asset PML N have. A true dedicated person to his principles. PML N should not loose him.
Saleem
Apr 20, 2013 09:56am
I respected Ayaz Amir and would have liked that he was given the ticket. Unfortunately he himself did a blunder few months ago by criticising in a column that they are giving ticket to someone else much before it was even discussed. You can write columns against part policies and talk but can not bring out internal party affairs. A year ago he was about to jump to PTI and that was also noticed by many. I am shocked that if he did not like the party then what he was doing there for so long. The grapes are sour. I believe that journalists must either do politics or journalism. Mixing them do not work.
Syed Sabir Ali
Apr 20, 2013 09:59am
If PML-N was not up AA expectations, he should have left it much earlier. It is lust of Power only. If not, he should have remain in PML-N even if he could not get the party ticket. In Pakistan everyone wants to remain in power at all cost.
DharmendraGoel
Apr 20, 2013 10:16am
It saddens me as an old reader of his now discontinued column in Dawn every fortnight ,probably for several years and I gained advantage from his encyclopedic understanding of Punjab'sNorth-Western Society ,culture as well as ground politics of both army and civilian politicians of the sub-continent. Janab Ayaz Amir was an old Soldier who has sharpened his consciousness by critical reflections about this sub-continent. he has been a sitting member of Pakistan's national assembly till date. one regrets that august Assembly in future shall not hear his sagacious voice ,at least , till next General election. D. Goel
Dr Tanveer Arif
Apr 20, 2013 10:25am
You are a man of dignity & great understanding. A bad decision made by N league leaders & gave preference to Lotas. You are an honest & a great thinker of our time.I always read your column & admire your reasonings. Wish you all the best . May Allah be your helper & guide and you continue to serve Pakistan in the best possible way to make this great country progressive and successful. Ameen.
iqbal
Apr 20, 2013 10:30am
so honest that leave the party just because denied ticket?
Ahsan
Apr 20, 2013 10:40am
A serious blow to PMLN, Way to go Ayaz Amir, you didnt belong to that Shareef family league any way! Welcome to PTI :)
MUHAMMAD JAMAL AYUB
Apr 20, 2013 10:46am
This is the best news i have heard in this election compaign.Sincere and honest leaders of the corrupt parties mainly PMLN,PPPP,PMLQ,ANP and JUI must now leave their parties without any delay and support PTI in all possible way as to support PAKISTANIS well being. Your role model must be now Mr Ayaz Amir, the real son of this country.Status Quo in our dirty politics must now be finally thrown out.
M. Saeed Awan
Apr 20, 2013 10:54am
Who cares about this person who remained confused throughout his life. Sometimes he was impressed Sonami Khan, sometimes he has praise worthy words for Mr. Canady (Tahur Qadri). The fair decision could only be, if he quits politics and turn back to journalism. He is power hungry person.
Ghulam H Malik
Apr 20, 2013 10:55am
Imran Khan will bring change in the Pakistan. He is a man of principal and he has vision. Ayaz Amir support will help him in bringing change in this country. I am supporting PTI since it was not in the horizon of Pakistan. NA-60 is my constituency and I proud and am feeling much better after Ayaz Amir announced his support to PTI. Ayaz Amir should have decided to join PTI and I hope he will after May 11
Ghulam H Malik
Apr 20, 2013 11:02am
Imran Khan will bring change in the Pakistan. He is a man of principal and he has vision. Ayaz Amir support will help him in bringing change in this country. I am supporting PTI since it was not in the horizon of Pakistan. NA-60 is my constituency and I am proud and am feeling much better after Ayaz Amir announced his support to PTI. Ayaz Amir should have decided to join PTI and I hope he will after May 11
rabbi
Apr 20, 2013 11:14am
congrats team pti, nothing could be more pleasing than having on your side a pen that dares to write
shariff
Apr 20, 2013 11:16am
If he was not for contesting why did he fill the nomination then.
Khalid
Apr 20, 2013 11:18am
I am expecting more electables from other parties to support PTI in the elections in coming days and their support to PTI will be very much appreciated by youth. With only one thing in mind that we have tried all the old lots and we must try Imran this time. Inshallah he will try his best to meet the expectations of peoples of Pakistan and Pakistan we must save from the old corrupt and crooks. Let's give new seeds to Pakistan that it can blossem for the prosperity. My slogan would be that: KHUSHHALI KA NIAYA PAKISTAN - IMRAN KHAN - IMRAN KHAN.
Thingamee
Apr 20, 2013 11:41am
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, except when it's a politician denied a party ticket.
(Dr.) B.N. Anand
Apr 20, 2013 11:46am
Sir, PML-N loss is indeed PTIs gain. People like Mr. Ayaz Amir are assets to any party as his pen is more powerful than the any other weapon to attack / defend any wrong/right policies. BNA
Khalid
Apr 20, 2013 11:50am
I am not sure someone like him joining PTI is good news. This man had a profession that requires people to be unbiased. His joining PMLN and contest election as their candidate was perhaps a PRIZE for a journalist to be "economical" with the truth "at best" and a liar in the worst case. I am not going to be a judge of that. What I do know is that his joining PMLN proves that his comments about PMLN were biased. Deciding to support PTI proves he is not a good politician either.
Zahrah
Apr 20, 2013 11:55am
Wise man!
pakiboy
Apr 20, 2013 12:11pm
why he decided after being refused a ticket from PML-N?
Yawar
Apr 20, 2013 12:23pm
As a secular educated humanitarian, Ayaz Amir was always a misfit in PML-N. He will serve well in PTI.
Lahore_Mass_Transit
Apr 20, 2013 12:27pm
Read his statement again. He was unwilling but there are some obligations to keep doing it....this happens all the time to all of us in various situations. I wish PTI accept him as a candidate and show its progressive side to the world. PML-N cannot keep a rebel in its ranks. His crticism was justified and he served his conscience -and his constituency- well.
Mohammad Nazeer
Apr 20, 2013 12:31pm
grapes are sour Ayaz Mir. Now it is useless to defame Nawaz.
Shakoor Alam
Apr 20, 2013 12:39pm
I was expecting that Nawaz Shrief would act like a matured party leader now.Although,being a political analyst,Ayaz Amir had expressed different views from his party lines and it represents a healthy diversity of ideas in a democratic party. My considered opinion is,Shriefs don't need intellectuals in their party,they only need Khawaja Asifs,Pervaiz Rasheeds type of mouth pieces.It will also be a type of warning to party members like Khawaja Saad Rafiq to always toe the party line.
noaman mughal
Apr 20, 2013 01:00pm
You must left the PMLN long back .. it really good decision .. We are with PTI .. Inshallah PTI will sweep ....you will see
Numan
Apr 20, 2013 01:12pm
Good for PTI.
shakeel
Apr 20, 2013 01:31pm
thank you ayaz amir, i appreciate your decision, you ought to be in PTI, ur now one of those few rational politicians who left in N-league
Mohammad Farooq
Apr 20, 2013 01:39pm
Welcome to PTI, Mr. Amir.
G.R.
Apr 20, 2013 01:54pm
Quitting the N enterprise is the right, though belated, step; supporting yet another mindless man a repeat blunder.
Agha Ata (USA)
Apr 20, 2013 02:11pm
Ayaz Amir, besides being one of the best writers, is a clear thinker. I trust his judgement.
Shahpur
Apr 20, 2013 02:41pm
I always wondered why this guy was with Nawaz. But looks like the reason was local politics. Somebody has to help the people. Few families have controlled this area for generations and they want to control it for ever. People like Mr. Ayaz are important to the future of this area.
Ehsan Zaffar
Apr 21, 2013 07:50am
I am a voter and supporter of PTI, but i don't welcome a man who is coming to PTI coz he was denied ticket by some other party, its like one of thosepeople who are joining/supporting other parties coz they are denied tickets of PTI.
abdullah khuhro
Apr 20, 2013 03:02pm
ticket denial to ayaz amir is the proof of our closed society and political fiefdom.
Shahed
Apr 20, 2013 03:04pm
I had been reading the column by Mr.Ayaz for a long time even after he switched to write in The News. I must say that I did not agree to all his thoughts,but this is all democracy is about. I always had a feeling that he is not the right fit to where he is. A learned and educated person does not belong to that party. I read the column of Mr. Ayaz in The News the other day which he wrote after quitting the N.He knew everything and knows more which probably he won"t write for obvious reasons. It is mind boggling how he kept himself aligned by these looters of Pakistan.
NASR
Apr 20, 2013 03:38pm
I HAVE SAID BEFORE ON HIS ELECTION PAPERS REJECTION THAT AYAZ AMIR IS NOT THE AYAZ AMIR ANYMORE FROM DAWN'S YESTER YEARS.
Indusonian
Apr 20, 2013 03:42pm
I always wondered why he was still in PML. Very very wise decision to save the motherland. God bless you and your friends for showing your support to real tiger. My request to all for May 11, show the world that you are a real PakisTanI and we are the best nation on this earth and land of pure.
Nizar
Apr 20, 2013 03:54pm
Sore loser! he did not want to run, but wanted a ticket and now that he has been denied a ticket, he will oppose the party. I am no friend of PML(N) and loved to read Ayaz's article when I was in Pakistan over 20 yrs back. I guess, the corruption in the past 20 yrs, has seeped into every fabric of society and no one is immune to it.
Dr. A. K. Khan
Apr 20, 2013 04:32pm
Yes you hav done very well by rejoining the PTI. At present PTI is one and only one political party who can out the nation from today's drama. Long live PTI. Dr. A. K. Khan
Sohail Sheikh
Apr 20, 2013 04:37pm
I am an overseas Pakistani, not even able to vote for any candidate. However, I wish well for Pakistan and its people. I am really happy to learn that Ayaz Amir is going to support PTI candidates. It is the right thing to do. I am a regular reader of his column and never quite understood why genuine intellectuals ( there is lot of the other type in Pakistan) like Ayaz Amir chose to support the same old tried-tested-but-failed leaders. Forward looking and honest people like Ayaz Amir supporting potential new leadership of PTI is a good omen for the country.
Raza Shah
Apr 20, 2013 04:45pm
Thomas Jefferson sent a letter to Thomas Paine in 1796, in which he wrote: "Go on doing with your pen what in other times was done with the sword."
speerhead
Apr 20, 2013 05:07pm
i am registered voter from NA-60....i tell you...this person(ayaz amir),he himself is a big time LOTA..he has not done any job for his people or city......PTI should not wellcome him...he has a lust for power....sorry i forgot to tell you that i am staunch supporter of PTI.....PTI has been defamed by such people....
Tariq Mehsud
Apr 20, 2013 05:16pm
INSHALLAH Imran Khan will win the upcoming elections and will bring PAKISTAN out of troubles INSHALLAH Amin.
NASAH (USA)
Apr 20, 2013 05:24pm
I would have preferred my friend Ayaz Amir to go with the "progressive" PPP -- but what can a mediocrity-loving party that has no use for talents like Aitzaz Ahsans and Rabbanis do with journalist giants like Ayaz Amir?
NASAH (USA)
Apr 20, 2013 05:27pm
Shame on Nawaz Sharif for treating Ayaz Amir so shabbily.
Arshad Zaidi
Apr 20, 2013 05:43pm
I have always enjoyed, respected and aprreciated Mr. Ayaz Amirs's writings, interviews & approach BUT was always wondering as WHy ???? is stuck with PML (N) - Now Supposting PTI is a very wise & bold decision and I congralute him and PTI,. definately we are heading towards change and a new brighter and prosperous Pakistan.
NASAH (USA)
Apr 20, 2013 05:48pm
May be in an uniform-loving Pakistan the journalist should also wear uniform for extra respectability before entering politics.
Atique
Apr 21, 2013 11:26pm
Thank you for your right decision to support PTI.
Arshad Zaidi(Canada )
Apr 20, 2013 05:55pm
We have the resources,talent and potential in Pakistan & just need sincere & dedicated leadership to direct people and country for the well being of Pakistan and nationals and PTI under the leadership of Imran Khan is the best option for the country. The support & induction of Mr. Ayaz Amir shows people now share vision of PTI and Imran Khan
Nisar
Apr 20, 2013 05:59pm
dear all i don,t have any connection to any party. but i like Imran khan becuse he is new and we have not given chance him yet.. but i am asking all of you who have worked with Imran khan and who know he will bring big change.. its our weeknes some one say some sweet words to us and we belive him i am not sure he will bring change but hope.
Muddassar
Apr 20, 2013 06:20pm
My Question is very simple ? Why he quit from PML ( N ) after refusing to give ticket ?
Shahid Hussain
Apr 20, 2013 06:36pm
I really feel sorry for pml n , and glad for pti because people like Mr. Ayaz Amir are like strong pillars and foundation , and he is really a jewel like asset to any party or to any group. Nawaz shareef has lost a true, professional and honest friend in the shape of Ayaz Amir , he will not only repent but also regret soon for this loss. My good wishes are with Mr.Ayaz Amir , God bless him all the time.
saima
Apr 20, 2013 06:50pm
wd all d due respect, even if u claim ur defection frm party not bcz ov being ditched over ticket ,itz d "tyming" which is provng it otherwise!
BRR
Apr 20, 2013 07:02pm
A journalist should stay above the fray. This will not do Mr. Ayaz Amir any good, he will further sink into political quagmire. He should have just withdrawn from politics to get back to his profession. Sad.
HM, Canada
Apr 20, 2013 07:22pm
A very good decision Ayaz Amir to support PTI and Imran Khan. You are for change we are for change PTI is for change. Good luck.
saeed
Apr 20, 2013 07:41pm
Did election officers knew he is not going to get PMLN ticket when submitted his papers?
Asif Ali Khan
Apr 20, 2013 07:48pm
Loyality and sincereity if they are not the party criteria for an individual then that party is not worth voting for. Mr. Ayaz Amir is a cool and balanced journalist of good repute PML (N) has lost its winning candidate.
zafarov
Apr 20, 2013 08:27pm
I could never understand what Ayaz Amir was doing in the PML(N), a reactionary right wing party with links with religious obscurantist and sectarian forces, in the first place.
Syed Imam
Apr 20, 2013 08:39pm
Nepotism is in the soul and blood of Shareifs' and the party's hallmark. Ticket to his nephew against a well respected man like Mr. Ayaz Amir? what else youo expect from them
sultan
Apr 20, 2013 09:14pm
Guys, he is an opportunist like the rest of them, he will move around as required by his circumstances. A grown man forced to stay in a party by colleagues, tell me another one.
Imran
Apr 22, 2013 06:11am
What a loss>
Malik Khalid
Apr 20, 2013 09:18pm
Ayaz Amir is another selfish person like other politicians, you guys may recall it when a week ago he was hoping a PML (N) ticket and saying Nawaz Sharif is only leader who can do this and that for Pakistan but now when he is denied a ticket everything has changed upside down. You will see him in few days appreciating Zardari also comparing with NS.
Chanpeer
Apr 21, 2013 08:48pm
Horse trading ... I don't know why he is suporting PTI now .....once he has got a red card from PMLN. Such a fickle minded poiliticians in Pakistan, who just think about their career...instead of the country
akhter
Apr 20, 2013 10:39pm
my dear brothers and sisters, for Pakistan,s sake i beg you to help Imran khan to save Pakistan!!
Ali
Apr 21, 2013 12:39am
Just decide and do it, change this country if you still can.
Shahid Jatoi
Apr 21, 2013 03:52am
Mr. Ayaz Amir has quit PML_N, Its great because the person of such qualification, caliber and scholarship does not seem fit in political mockers party. He should have joined PPP rather than supporting PTI; However, he has every right to decide for himself.
A Jan
Apr 21, 2013 01:28pm
It always baffled me to see a person of Ayaz Amir's stature aligning himself with PML-N/ Sharifs. His decision to support PTI is a good decision. May God put more barakat in his wise choice.
Sajid684
Apr 21, 2013 04:49am
He is only not absorbing denial of ticket by PML(N) though I am myself against corrupt leadership of PML(N). What if they had given him a ticket. Did he have guts to refuse it. NO, infact he would have praised them like only anything. All are travelling in the same boat
Mobbashar
Apr 21, 2013 05:32am
I liked columns by Ayaz Amir and always wondered during the last many years what makes the well aware and educated people like him support the likes of Nawaz Sharif!
Zahid
Apr 21, 2013 06:11am
He and all educated sincere people belong in PTI. He should have decided this a long time ago. It is still not too late. PPP and PML N are for corrupt losers. If people elect already tested PML or PPP they deserve another 5 years of misery.
M Rafique
Apr 21, 2013 06:13am
Mr. Ayaz finally got the award from Nawaz Sharif & co and writing columns against Musharaf to please them does not get any favour except their clapping
Shafique
Apr 21, 2013 06:19am
Typical of politics but yet another nail in the coffin of dying PMLN...
Ajamal
Apr 21, 2013 06:21am
A person of Mr. Ayaz Amir stature was always out of sorts with party of PML-N. He should now join PTI to be part of the change for which he always writes.
doraha
Apr 21, 2013 06:58am
Ayaz Amir made a right decision, I wish he would have done it earlier. We wish him success in life.
karim lalani.
Apr 21, 2013 07:28am
quitting of Ayaz Amir fromPML'N signifies intellectual bankcruptcy of NS league.
kamran Malik
Apr 21, 2013 08:35am
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome... People like you are much needed on the right side. Great descion and timing is perfect. By the way watch out for media as they are now in the process of shifting wealth abroad and planning to run If something happens. This media is extremly biased in theri opinions and no one wants to do the job properly as they are scared or have taken money..In both cases they don't belong in this field.
Amjad
Apr 21, 2013 12:42pm
Hypocrate, on one hand he claims not ideologically aligned with PMLN, on the other hand so much of hue and cry for having denying the ticket. The reaction is uncalled for.