How to submit
Prism encourages submissions from writers. As part of Dawn.com, we publish articles on topics related to Pakistan and its diaspora. We especially look to promote younger and little known writers. We suggest reading our desk's work and editorial note to get a sense of what we do.
To send your article, please email at email@example.com. Keep in mind the following:
- Attach your piece in a MS Word file.
- If you're sending photos, please attach them as separate files or share them via a Google Drive/OneDrive link, including captions and source(s).
- Include a short bio and photo of yourself.
- Confirm that the article or photos have not been published elsewhere or submitted to any other publication.
- Don't email multiple editors and desks at Dawn with your submission at the same time.
- Don't forget to include a subject line and a few lines in the body of your email about your submission. Blank emails will be marked as spam.
Alternatively, you can share a pitch and develop your ideas with us further. We can only assure publication after we have reviewed your article.
Due to the large number of emails we receive every day, we are not always able to reply to each submission.
If you are not contacted by the editors within 10 days of your submission, please assume that we will not be able to carry it and that you are free to offer it elsewhere.