- Has in the past opposed the creation of the Kalabagh Dam.
- Has proposed 'honest leadership' as the solution to the country's crises, even though he himself has been accused of corruption on multiple occasions.
- Credited with improving KP's health, education and police sectors.
- Worked on improvement of delivery of justice in shorter timeframes.
- Khattak, in his meetings with Ahsan Iqbal and publicly, called for giving the western route of CPEC — which goes through Blaochistan and KP — the same importance as its eastern route.
- In 2014, supported the opening of a Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan office in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Advocated a water policy for KP to rationalise water usage in the province.
Dear visitor, the comments section is undergoing an overhaul and will return soon.