QUETTA, Aug 18: Nawabzada Talal Akbar Bugti, the head of a faction of the Jamhoori Watan Party, has submitted an application to the Quetta city police station for lodging an FIR against Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf about the murder of his father Nawab Akbar Bugti and 66 other people of his tribe.
Nawabzada Talal went to the police station along with his son Nawabzada Shahzain Bugti, his lawyer and other leaders of the JWP and handed over the application to SHO Z.S. Kazmi.
He has nominated Gen (retd) Musharraf, former prime minister Shaukat Aziz, former governor Owais Ahmed Ghani, chief minister Jam Mir Mohammad Yousuf, home minister Shoaib Nausherwani, Dera Bugti district coordination officer Abdul Samad Lasi, interior minister Aftab Ahmed Sherpao and defence minister Rao Sikandar Iqbal in the application.
He said all the former government functionaries were involved in the murder of his father and his 66 supporters.
The SHO told him that under the law the case could be filed in the police station of the area where the incident had taken place.
“The case cannot be registered in the city police station because the incident did not take place in its jurisdiction,” he said.
But Nawabzada Talal said nobody knew where Nawab Bugti and his supporters had been murdered.
He requested the officer to receive his application and get the case registered in the police station concerned.
“The former president should be arrested, remanded in police custody for interrogation regarding the murder and tried under the law,” he said.
Talking to newsmen, he said Gen (retd) Musharraf should not be given a ‘safe passage’. “We will also consider as accused all those who allow him safe passage,” he said.