QUETTA, July 26: At least 12 militants and three Frontier Corps personnel were killed after fighting erupted between militants and security forces in Dera Bugti district on Saturday.

The clash took place after the security forces launched a search operation following an attack by militants on the FC personnel who were patrolling in the Toba Nokhani locality.

Inspector-General of the FC Maj-Gen Saleem Nawaz said that security forces later destroyed the militants’ camp.

Officials said that 17 people, including 12 militants and five security personnel, had been injured in the fighting in which both sides used heavy weapons.

Opinion

Editorial

Dark days
Updated 26 May, 2022

Dark days

The PTI, on its part, does not seem to have been prepared to face such a large deployment of state machinery.
26 May, 2022

No room for dissent

WHILE political turmoil roils the land, a number of incidents over the past few days have demonstrated that though...
26 May, 2022

Harassing passengers

REPORTS of the confiscation of personal items from passengers’ private luggage by customs officials at Karachi’s...
Back to bedlam
Updated 25 May, 2022

Back to bedlam

FEAR tactics have never worked in the past, and most likely will not this time either. The government’s ...
25 May, 2022

Balochistan blaze

THE forest fire on the Koh-i-Sulaiman range in Balochistan’s Shirani area is among a series of blazes to have...
25 May, 2022

Unequal citizens

INDIFFERENCE would have been bad enough, but the state’s attitude towards non-Muslims falls squarely in the...