RAWALPINDI: A metro bus caught fire at Rehmanabad station on Thursday after its engine reportedly overheated. The bus was burnt but the passengers and driver remained unhurt.

Thick clouds of black smoke could be seen from a long distance as fire tenders were seen rushing towards the scene.

According to sources, the fire erupted in the engine and spread to the whole bus. An inquiry has been ordered to ascertain the cause of the fire.

The metro service was suspended on Murree Road after the incident though it remained operational from the IJP Road station to Islamabad Secretariat.

Meanwhile, a young man died after suffering an electric shock in his house in Gulshanabad on Thursday.

Rescue 1122 said Zahiruddin, 23, was critically injured after he suffered an electric shock. The emergency service staff reached the house but the victim died before being shifted to hospital.

Published in Dawn, August 5th, 2022

Opinion

Editorial

Beyond the pale
Updated 09 Aug, 2022

Beyond the pale

When such ugliness is unleashed, everyone at some point suffers the fallout.
Burying Gaza
09 Aug, 2022

Burying Gaza

IT is a sad commentary on the politics of the Middle East that even its most tragic human stories get defaced and...
Celebrate the athlete
09 Aug, 2022

Celebrate the athlete

TALK about delivering on your promise: javelin thrower Arshad Nadeem did that in the grandest style at the...
An unseemly dispute
08 Aug, 2022

An unseemly dispute

THERE is clarity, but perhaps not of the kind that Chief Justice of Pakistan Umar Ata Bandial hoped to achieve when...
Unfair on taxpayers
Updated 08 Aug, 2022

Unfair on taxpayers

Unfair move has drawn valid criticism as it coincides with drastic increase in income tax on salaried people and corporates.
Polio nightmare
08 Aug, 2022

Polio nightmare

AS if the resurgence of polio in southern KP were not enough, officials and international monitoring bodies must now...