KARACHI: Two sanitation workers died while cleaning a sewerage line at a Defence Housing Authority (DHA) house on Wednesday, police said.
South-SSP Asad Raza said that the incident took place at around 6:30pm when the two workers inhaled toxic fumes while cleaning a gutter in the house located at the junction of Khayaban-i-Shaheen and Khayaban-i-Muhafiz.
He said they died on the spot. The bodies were shifted to the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC) to fulfil medico-legal formalities.
The victims were identified as Arif Munawar, 50, and Meraj, 55.
The police said that some foreigners lived in the bungalow.
Published in Dawn, June 16th, 2022