Man suffers electric shock

Published May 1, 2022

LARKANA: A young man suffered electric shock while repairing damaged electricity cables in Nihal Dahani village on Saturday and was taken to poorly-equipped burns ward in the Chandka Medical College Hospital.

Villagers told newsmen that doctors examined Bilawal Dahani and advised that since the patient had 50 per cent burns he should be sent to Karachi immediately for treatment and further management.

The family said that they were poor and could not afford costly treatment in Karachi.

Published in Dawn, May 1st, 2022

Opinion

Editorial

More than economics
Updated 05 Oct, 2022

More than economics

Ishaq Dar’s appointment is but a sign of the paradigm shift in economic policymaking.
Dens of corruption
05 Oct, 2022

Dens of corruption

MOST prisons in Pakistan are a microcosm of the inequitable and exploitative world outside their walls. A probe by...
Football tragedy
05 Oct, 2022

Football tragedy

SPORTS arouses the rawest of human emotions. Football is no exception — in fact, the passions on display at...
Cipher inquiry
Updated 04 Oct, 2022

Cipher inquiry

Inquiry will likely end nowhere, or, worse, be used as a tool of victimisation.
Further delay?
04 Oct, 2022

Further delay?

KARACHI Administrator Murtaza Wahab’s announcement that the second phase of Sindh’s LG polls — primarily...
Losing to England
04 Oct, 2022

Losing to England

AFTER tantalisingly close finishes in the fourth and fifth matches against an England side visiting the country for...