NAUDERO: An 11-year-old boy lost his right eye when a firecracker accidentally exploded in his face during Diwali celebrations at his home in Katpar locality in Naudero town on Wednesday night.

Bhajan Das told reporters that his son Dheeraj Kumar was setting off a firecracker but instead of going up straight the projectile came up laterally and hit his right eye before exploding.

As his eye started bleeding, he was immediately rushed to Larkana to a private medical centre as there was no emergency treatment facility at Naudero Rural Health Centre to provide treatment and save his son’s precious eye. He said the doctor told him his son would never be able to see from his right eye as it had been damaged completely.

Published in Dawn, November 5th, 2021

Opinion

Editorial

The whole truth
28 Sep, 2022

The whole truth

THE war on truth has never been more relentless than it is today. Authoritarianism is on the rise and purveyors of...
Real-world trolls
Updated 28 Sep, 2022

Real-world trolls

It's reprehensible how PTI supporters now seem convinced that politicians from opposing camps aren't entitled to basic dignity.
Islamabad wildlife
28 Sep, 2022

Islamabad wildlife

PRESERVING biodiversity is low on the list of priorities of both state and society. However, successful attempts at...
Noon leaks
Updated 27 Sep, 2022

Noon leaks

PMO audio leaks are a national security emergency that ought to be investigated at the highest level.
Cipher probe offer
27 Sep, 2022

Cipher probe offer

CONSIDERING the toxic political polarisation in the country, former prime minister Imran Khan’s suggestion that ...
Delaying Doha plans
27 Sep, 2022

Delaying Doha plans

WHEN Doha announced its intention to spend $3bn in different commercial and investment sectors of Pakistan around a...