SHEIKHUPURA: Two workers were allegedly asphyxiated after inhaling carbon monoxide in their sleep after they left charcoal burning inside a room to keep themselves warm at a poultry farm at Deputy Wala village on Faisalabad Road on Saturday night.
According to initial findings by Manawala police, the deceased workers, Abbas and Amer, were employed at the poultry farm and would sleep there in a room.
On Saturday night, they burned charcoal inside their room to avoid severe coal and went to sleep. On Sunday morning, when other workers came to the farm, they found Abbas and Amer lying unconscious in their beds.
They were rushed to hospital where doctors pronounced them dead.
Their bodies were sent to Chichawatni, their native town.
Further investigation was underway, the police said.
CHILD DROWNS: A two-year-old son of a farmer allegedly drowned after falling in a pond at Nabipura village on Sunday.
According to the father, Ali, his two-year-old son Ibrahim accidentally fell into the pond and drowned.
The child’s body was fished out by locals.
However, Nusrat Bibi, the mother of the deceased child, has accused the second wife of Ali of killing her son.
Nankana Sadar police are investigating.
Published in Dawn, January 4th, 2021