Gas leak kills couple in Dir

March 27, 2020

Email

UPPER DIR: An aged couple suffocated to death due to gas leakage in their room in Shahtaiz area of Upper Dir on Thursday, police sources said.

They said that an elderly man and his wife were found dead in their room. They said the couple had forgotten to switch off the gas heater before sleeping and as a result gas filled the room and claimed lives of both of them.

When they didn’t come outside till late in the morning their relatives living in neighbourhood knocked door of the room several times, but found no answer. They then broke open the door and found both in an unconscious state. They were taken to Brawal hospital where doctors pronounced them dead. The victims were identified as Abdul Salam and his wife Shahida Bibi. ­

Published in Dawn, March 27th, 2020