QUETTA: Five members of a family suffocated to death after gas leaked in their house in the Eastern Bypass area here on Sunday night.

The bodies of the ill-fated man, his wife and their three children, who belonged to the Dasht area of Mastung district, were taken to hospital for autopsy.

According to rescue officials, the victims left the gas heater on in their bedroom at night to protect themselves from extremely cold weather in Quetta.

The bodies were handed over to their heirs after completing medico-legal formalities.

At least 12 people, including children, have lost their lives in three incidents of gas leakage in Quetta this month.

Published in Dawn, January 14th, 2020